Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a few hours getting a bunch of questions answered on here. Very useful.

Had the truck a year and made some good progress. Previously owned a 4X4 specific Tacoma that I started feeling bad for after I purchased a snowmobile and was towing 2 others. Made the jump to Tundra and have to take it slow since every part is F$%^&# double the cost of little brother. 35''s were the goal but had to keep it practical with long miles to Mtn's.

So far.. 2'' in the front with an add a leaf for my sled, Toyo MT's, XD Wheels, In bed sled deck, Kenwood DNX 6160 head unit, Volant CAI, Borla Side out EX. Tint tomorrow, and mesh grille on the way.

Lesson learned!... Spray on truck bed liner sucks for bumpers/Grille surround. Mine chipped pretty bad in about 5 months. Tried rubberized undercoating and had better results but still drives me nuts every little chrome chip.. Going to try Plasti-Dip next thanks to all of you. Either way its just a front until I get steel bumpers in the future..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Welcome to TT, M.I.P...from East Coast, Canada...
Truck is looking great already,,looking forward to seeing pics after the bumper install..
Looks like the mod itch is not new to you, tacoma was sick too..

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
congrats and welcome to the addiction, glad to have you here! Tundra and Taco look great

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Paint, powdercoat, or PlastiDip. Could always see if you can buy a black grill surround that, I believe, comes on the Tundra grade models. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

·
"The Closer"
10,387 Posts
welcome aboard from the netherlands..!!

:D dikkie :D

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
Gotta a question what are you guys doing to get the black grill surround?
Mine's the "work truck" model so it came with black bumpers and grille parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts