Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Keith :lol5: said he knows the trails up there so lets set a date and make a trip.
I need another excuse to go to SoCal

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Can some parts be done in 2wd? lol If so when are you all going?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Looking forward to this, if it goes through! May just end up going up there a little early to do some camping!

On a side note, has anyone been to glamis dunes? Looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Glamis is sick... But too hot right now...

I'm going to put in for more vacation... I'll see what up...

Keep us posted...

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Looking forward to this, if it goes through! May just end up going up there a little early to do some camping!

Glamis is sik!!

However, it's crazy. I'd suggest starting out small, like Pismo. Get used to the sand before going somewhere crazy like Glamis.

It's not even that Glamis is crazy, it's all the people and the scene that makes it crazy. You have to avoid many many collisions and you'd want to be good in the sand first.

I might be going to Pismo in 2 weeks. Anyone wanna go?

·
Registered
134 Posts

I've been going there since I was 5 with family, it's a blast with the right toys. I have a couple of atv's and my buddy has a Polaris RZR XP side by side that we take out there.

But summer time is way too hot to visit, unless you go on a night run :lol5:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Glamis is sik!!

However, it's crazy. I'd suggest starting out small, like Pismo. Get used to the sand before going somewhere crazy like Glamis.

It's not even that Glamis is crazy, it's all the people and the scene that makes it crazy. You have to avoid many many collisions and you'd want to be good in the sand first.

My g/f lives in Shell Beach. I'd like to take my truck out there, but it's only a 2WD.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dudes!!! Born and raised in Big bear!!! well, fawnskin to be exact. I grew up playing on john bull, been through it in everything from a 2wd yota to the crawler. Im down to go late august, I need to know of exact dates by the first to request time off, I will just stay at the parents house in fawnskin, if someone else wants to stay it has three extra bedrooms, a jacuzzi, huge deck for a big bbq/drinking/firepit on the deck. Im sooooo down for this!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Dudes!!! Born and raised in Big bear!!! well, fawnskin to be exact. I grew up playing on john bull, been through it in everything from a 2wd yota to the crawler. Im down to go late august, I need to know of exact dates by the first to request time off, I will just stay at the parents house in fawnskin, if someone else wants to stay it has three extra bedrooms, a jacuzzi, huge deck for a big bbq/drinking/firepit on the deck. Im sooooo down for this!
That is awesome!!! So how bout sat aug31?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Glamis is sik!!

Im down to do Pismo too! I haven't driven in sand, so it'll be a learning experience.

1 - 20 of 562 Posts