Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started this project and I'm hoping it will come out right, but it's worth a shot to get the look I want. I will give more details/write up later as I get set on the actual process

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Very nice. What projector did u go with? Did you have the stock fogs before? Curious to see two separate cutoffs if you have projectors in your headlights as well

·
Registered
336 Posts
Subscribed. Will be doing a retrofit in my headlights and have been wondering what to do with the fogs...

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Very nice. What projector did u go with? Did you have the stock fogs before? Curious to see two separate cutoffs if you have projectors in your headlights as well
I am using a morimoto mini for the projector, and yes I also have projectors. I am also curious to see what kind of chaos all the projectors will make!! Ys I had stock fogs before this but I've always wanted to do something different

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Very nice, interested in seeing the light display. Probably light up a runway for a 777, lol- Nice work brada

·
Registered
122 Posts
i hope those are not the mini D2s projectors, i struggled for a while trying and totally hacked up my fog light housing to try and fit it...butt if you get it to work i would definitely give your way a try. the D2s are too wide to try and fit through the front of the housing like a normal retrofit so i tried to get it to work with the projector coming through the back

·
Registered
625 Posts
i hope those are not the mini D2s projectors, i struggled for a while trying and totally hacked up my fog light housing to try and fit it...butt if you get it to work i would definitely give your way a try. the D2s are too wide to try and fit through the front of the housing like a normal retrofit so i tried to get it to work with the projector coming through the back
I got mini H1's i my fogs but I dont turn them on since the bulb touches the fender fender liner making them hard to stay aligned and those fogs bounce around a lot.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm using fog blanks connected to a 4"end cap of pvc pipe,lol. Then jb welded them together, then I am going to give extra stability by fastening the end cap to the bumper mount and I estimate a good 3" between the bulb & the fender liner. I will post more pics later tonite of my contraption, lol. Hopefully I can finish by next week when I get my light kit

Attachments

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Brother, how are u going to seal the projectors?? if you leave them open they will be garbage in no time, lenses will be exposed to damage from road debris and the elements :eek:
I'm goin to get a small piece of plexiglass to fit. I'm trying to think of everything but I know I will miss something so anymore questions/ suggestions are welcome!! But I do have a question/s for u Marco about the ccfl headlight projector upgrade, I got a hold of some projectors from a cadillac dts and I'm hoping to be able to Install them in my spyder headlights, any info/suggestions would b awesome!! What paint do u recommend for the cmhlm?

·
HID Retrofit Lord
1,481 Posts
I'm goin to get a small piece of plexiglass to fit. I'm trying to think of everything but I know I will miss something so anymore questions/ suggestions are welcome!! But I do have a question/s for u Marco about the ccfl headlight projector upgrade, I got a hold of some projectors from a cadillac dts and I'm hoping to be able to Install them in my spyder headlights, any info/suggestions would b awesome!! What paint do u recommend for the cmhlm?

Are you talking about the CTS projectors? If so, they will work, they are almost the same size as the Mini H1.

CMHLM??

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is what I was afraid of, but is it possible to swap projector bowls with the lenses? Also should I do the high beam on the fogs? If so can I connect it to my high beam switch with a load resistor? Or should I use a separate switch?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts