Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BHLM doing it tonight finally said screw it and started late. Went out to home depot and got some flat textured spray paint cant wait to see what this looks like ill post some pics of it after its all done, wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Just remember to let the painted parts gas off and dry overnight if possible before reassembly, or it will "fog" in time...and good luck!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Easy mod, and tape off the drl section. Some people forget to do that and regret it later.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You will like the way it looks, I guarantee it!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so the process was so simple im suprised i didnt do it earlier, the first headlight gave me some trouble just trying to find a point to seperate but after i got that 3 beers later i had them in the truck. and on a black rock warrior it looks badass. now the next step powerstick exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
on a black rock warrior it looks badass. now the next step powerstick exhaust.
Nice! Pics or it didn't happen. Lol. I was also nervous about doing the BHLM but surprised how easy it really was.

Sounds like you're making some of the same decisions I made. Check out my build in my sig.

-KoBear

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
so the process was so simple im suprised i didnt do it earlier, the first headlight gave me some trouble just trying to find a point to seperate but after i got that 3 beers later i had them in the truck. and on a black rock warrior it looks badass. now the next step powerstick exhaust.
Damn, either you did it quick, or you're a slow drinker? Took me a 12 pack at least, to do this mod :D

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Looks good. I would have gone with a gloss black on yours cause of your color truck. But to each his own. Nice ride sir.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: jokerftn1018

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nothing on the fog yet after i did them by working on one then the other then back to the first headlight so while i was spraying one the other was drying outside it was very breezy and good sun so hopefully each had time to dry out after it all i took my wife's hair dryer to it to make sure every spot taken care of and not tacky at all.

·
Registered
160 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ight so washed the demon and just ordered my powerstick mufflers so ill post my next project soon thank you all for thw input and props.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no fog it has been awhile and nothing at all it has been raining and humid as all hell so if it were to fog it would have deff done it by now so nothing i think it was the textured paint and the hair dryer that did the work.

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Good work for a BHLM drinker, hehehe. Some of the best jobs like Bad Dad's have come out awesome from being drunk. Better then being straight.

Reactions: jokerftn1018
1 - 19 of 19 Posts