Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Same here - I have stock 275/55/20s K02's and they are great. ^^^ Ditto what Hollywood d says.
I run 275/60/20 on Platinum rims - and agree with what everyone else already posted. 1st pic is old tires (275/55/20) - and the other is the new KO2's (275/60/20).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
More pics of the KO2 on my Tundra.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm planning on picking up a set of K02's for my 2014 Tundra TRD Double Cab in the next week or two.

Question is, I have the LROR 3/1 leveling kit installed, how big can I go on the tires without any other modifications?

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Answered my own question - went with the 305/65/18 K02's - very happy with them!

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Watch-listed this thread.

Have a 15 Platinum and wanting to go as absolutely big as possible on stock 20's with 5110's on top setting. So far, it seems like the Tundratalk consensus is I can squeeze in LT285 /65 R20's with mud flap removal and skid plate trim, which is fine by me.

Ideally, I'll get enough gumption to step down to 18" TRD alloys so I can get more meaty sidewalls.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I run 275/60/20 on Platinum rims - and agree with what everyone else already posted. 1st pic is old tires (275/55/20) - and the other is the new KO2's (275/60/20).
Nice truck!... any rubbing with these size?... or do you have a slight lift? I was thinking I would try these with some 1.25" spacers... or 285/65...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Nice truck!... any rubbing with these size?... or do you have a slight lift? I was thinking I would try these with some 1.25" spacers... or 285/65...
Thank you. I have the ReadyLift 3/2 - the ONLY rubbing was on a hard left turn (front skid plate) - and it was minimal. Bent the edge back over itself, no more rubbing. At some point, I would like to ditch the RL and go to an OME612 lift.

I'll get a picture of the skid when I can.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I switched from the stock Michelin's to KO2's in 275/70/18. The stock tires were performing just fine, but I wanted a more aggressive looking tire and 10 ply construction. The only negative is a slight loss MPG, but I'm happy with the upgrade. The KO2's seem to run small though, compared to the Cooper ST Maxx's that I had on my 2014 in the same size.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also changed out the stock Michelin tires for the KO2's in 275-70-18. So far, the only difference is in the handling/cornering. Due to the stiffer sidewall, the truck corners better. Where the stock tires needed a bit of extra input from the steering wheel, the BFG's do not. Maybe a better way to say it: when going around the same corner, with the same amount of input turning the steering wheel, the stock tires would take the curve a bit wider.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
53 Posts
Starting to shop tires. Based on research here and past good experience, I'm heavily leaning toward BFG KO2's in LT285/65-18. Keeping TRD 18" wheels. I don't plan on any level or lift, since acceleration is more important to me than clearance/looks, for now.

Compared to stock Michelin 275/65-18 LTX A/T's is there a significant weight difference such that I'll notice reduced power to the ground?

I'm getting these for traction up in the snow, but 99% of my driving will be on the street. What will I be sacrificing from a traction standpoint on the street? Or will it improve? I'm supercharged and drive hard. I don't launch often from a standstill as to preserve my drivetrain - I'm more of a roll-on speed racer...

My 2 cents...

Since 99% of your driving is on road and your supercharged. I would stay with stocks or pick something else over the BFG KO2's. Your going to lose some traction and add small times to 0 to 60 MPH times.

I have the older BFG KO's on my RW and I love them. We usually have snow / ice on the ground 4-6 months of the year.

If your planning down the road to venture more off the blacktop I would definitely keep the BFG's KO2's at the top of the list.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How much does going from the stock Michellin 275/65/18 to 275/70/18 raise the truck? I have precious little space to the top of my garage door header.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts