Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Huckwheat;81 97642 said:
Muley, what pressures are you running?
I think they have been at 40 psi all around. I am in phx area now and i believe they will wear quicker now, especially during the summer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Old thread, but I feel the need to post my results.

I'm a pretty fussy guy. I track everything, and watch everything, and notice everything. I rotate every 5000kms, and air is 42 front/40 rear. with the recent terrible wear i dropped it to 40/38. chalk line looks fine at both pressures. I also tow nothing.

Previous tires were 2 sets of duratracs on an 08 F150, and a set on a 2012 Silverado. all 3 sets netted me 70,000kms - 74,000kms.

Currently on a 2015 Tundra, I have 28,500kms on the truck, and my tires are wore to 8/32. not counting the 2/32 wear bar, these tires are over half worn, and i will likely never start a winter with a tire at 4 or even 6/32

Given this current wear, i'll be lucky to get 40,000kms from these.

My Fuelly account tells me i'm at about 45% highway, 55% city driving

I am extremely disappointed in BFG KO2 (275/70/18) and pissed away a good amount of money trying them.

Next tire will be Toyo Open Country AT2 in either 285/65 or 275/70 haven't decided if more rubber on the road would slow wear or not!

Hope 285'll fit w/ no lift!

·
Premium Member
4,263 Posts
Yeah I stopped buying them ages ago. For the money, they are very disappointing.

I have been running nittos for some time and they perform well, but they seem to have shitty QC. Many of them seem to be out of round. This becomes a pita when balancing. Then you have to swap them out and try again. Maybe they will be ok, maybe they won’t.

On the other hand, Coopers are much more affordable and seem to always balance very well. I’ve had a few sets of AT3s now with very good tread life, awesome wet and snow performance, and they balance fantastically.

Just ordered a set of AT3s for the 4Runner from discount tire with a $70 rebate.

Fwiw, nitto and Toyo are the same company

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I fit 325/65r18s with no lift.

If you aren't offroading, why ATs? A good standard load tire with street tread would be cheaper and give you better mpg, handling, and ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, that is all true, except I live in New Brunswick (Beside maine) and I am not in to running two sets of tires anymore. Duratracs treated me well (Oh I forgot another vehicle I had duatracs on -- pathfinder, sold it with 50,000kms on it and hes still running them that was 2 years ago). I do a bit of gravel road, and mud, and with the snow the AT is the best choice for me. Cheaper than running two sets.

There are tires out there that deliver a pretty good mix, and BFG KO2 is not it.

Also I only test drove my tundra with the factory P's on it, but it rode better when the KO2's went on than the factory dunlops.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'd suggest looking at Falken AT3Ws. They are a lot cheaper in the US anyway, and are getting great reviews. 275/70r18s are a good size that fill out the wheelwells a little better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Doing a little research for a new tire purchase coming in a few months and I ran across this thread. I currently have LT275/65/R20 BFG KO2 and I have been thoroughly satisfied with them. I just checked my receipt and current mileage to find that I have over 67,000 miles so far with 3-5 /32 remaining.

Needless to say I am pleased. (And yes, I did re-calibrate the speedometer when I went up in size.) I typically run at least 45 psi.

Reactions: Dixon Cider

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I love the tire but only got a usable 35k out if it. They’re just too soft. Crewmax with 275-70-18 on Methods and pro suspension. Got them down to 2/32” and I was slipping and sliding in them in the rains on Tuesday. Put on the Falken AT3W in the same size load rating E. These have a 55k warranty. I’ve noticed these are slightly bigger as they rubbed the lower front air dams. The K02s never did. Put the best of the old ones on my spare.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread, but I feel the need to post my results.

I'm a pretty fussy guy. I track everything, and watch everything, and notice everything. I rotate every 5000kms, and air is 42 front/40 rear. with the recent terrible wear i dropped it to 40/38. chalk line looks fine at both pressures. I also tow nothing.

Previous tires were 2 sets of duratracs on an 08 F150, and a set on a 2012 Silverado. all 3 sets netted me 70,000kms - 74,000kms.

Currently on a 2015 Tundra, I have 28,500kms on the truck, and my tires are wore to 8/32. not counting the 2/32 wear bar, these tires are over half worn, and i will likely never start a winter with a tire at 4 or even 6/32

Given this current wear, i'll be lucky to get 40,000kms from these.

My Fuelly account tells me i'm at about 45% highway, 55% city driving

I am extremely disappointed in BFG KO2 (275/70/18) and pissed away a good amount of money trying them.

Next tire will be Toyo Open Country AT2 in either 285/65 or 275/70 haven't decided if more rubber on the road would slow wear or not!

I am sad to admit, I have 4 sets of BFG KO2.
1. 1979 Chevy Stepside K. Purchased from: 4 wheel parts
2. 2002 Chevy Sub. Z71. Costco
3. 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Costco
4. 2006 GMC 2500 Diesel / 4x4. Costco
The tires are extremely soft and do not compare with to my original BFG KO1...
The "NEW" KO2 has not preformed at all when compared to the old version; please bring the old BFG's back...
Greg / SoCal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought 285/70-17 for my 15 Tundra. The main reason I purchased them is they are the best looking tire in an All-Terrain. Even though they cup like no other. When I drove my 2000 1/2 ton Silverado from 36,000 miles to 223,000 miles the longest lasting tire I used was the Toyo AT. And if i was a mud terrain tire guy I would definitely buy the Toyo's. My two cents. So all in all longevity TOYO, Looks KO2. But I have never used Nittos.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I have had a set for a couple of years and hate them. They suck in the rain and pick up rocks like the originals. I switched from 35s Duratracs love the duratracs but they got noisy after 30K miles

81 - 92 of 92 Posts