Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see lots on these tires being a let down with poor tread life and "not as good as original KO" quotes all over the internet. Has anyone had them long enough to tell?

I need tires and wanted these until i looked them up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've got 6k miles on mine - still look new. I'm taking a cross country trip this summer and will log about 5k miles - will see how they stand up - I think they'll do fine. 30k out of a set of tires is about all I get these days, no matter the brand - I think tire companies have changed compounds in recent years to ensure they don't last too long and you buy a new set more quickly.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
My coworker said his KO2's are way softer than his original KO's, so he's only running them as winter tires.
I'm curious how the KO2's compare to Duratracs (which I have now).

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
- I think tire companies have changed compounds in recent years to ensure they don't last too long and you buy a new set more quickly.
its so sad that everything has planned obsolescence now. I don't know if things will ever be built to last like they use to be, when companies strived on making things as good as possible and they made money off that reputation, now they are hiding behind their once proven reputations and selling us crap on purpose so we have to come back again and again.

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like the BFG KO2's have NO tread wear warranty and nitto G2's have a 50,000-65,000 mile warranty. looks like I'm going to go with the nitto G2

·
Premium Member
4,263 Posts
I have the grapplers on my truck for the second time, but the cooper at3 I have on my jeep are much better deal.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
the toyos also have a 50,000 mile warranty.
I still went with the KO2, got the extra protection for $35 a tire. no questions asked if anything happens..

well, guess what when they're close to being done i'll accidentally have a road hazard :nerd:
Won't they be pro-rated for remaining tread though?

"road hazard" with 4 tires might be suspicious too...>:D

Reactions: Dixon Cider

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,629 Posts
Won't they be pro-rated for remaining tread though?

"road hazard" with 4 tires might be suspicious too...>:D
no, they wont be pro-rated. thats what the extra $35 was for. no questions asked.

I probably wont go in with 4 flats. but 2 flats one month and 2 more a month later. bam.
4 new tires for the $140 i spent.

·
Registered
161 Posts
its so sad that everything has planned obsolescence now. I don't know if things will ever be built to last like they use to be, when companies strived on making things as good as possible and they made money off that reputation, now they are hiding behind their once proven reputations and selling us crap on purpose so we have to come back again and again.
My theory is you can directly correlate this to the rise of the # of MBA graduates in the general population. They were taught in school to extract as much money as possible from working people. They are almost better than the government at doing this.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Have roughly 7500 miles on my K02's and they're not showing any signs of wear. I went with them since they were $500 cheaper then the cooper st/maxx I originally wanted and so far they have been a decent tire, no complaints

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have had the ko2s for 16000 miles so far and they have been great they look awesome I'll run out in the garage and snap a pic of the tread. To me they look they will last quite a bit more hopefully at least 20k more...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Here is compared to a quarter

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
One more

Attachments

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the grapplers on my truck for the second time, but the cooper at3 I have on my jeep are much better deal.
how so? are the g2's wearing faster on the tundra vs the at3's on your jeep? if so maybe that's because the tundra is heavier than the jeep?

Reactions: theoat

·
Registered
283 Posts
My theory is you can directly correlate this to the rise of the # of MBA graduates in the general population. They were taught in school to extract as much money as possible from working people. They are almost better than the government at doing this.
I have an MBA and I guarantee you that is not what we were taught.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
I have an MBA and I guarantee you that is not what we were taught.
Yes but maybe you were taught not to admit it? You cant be trusted either.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Yes but maybe you were taught not to admit it? You cant be trusted either.
He has over 50 posts and can sell legitimately in the B&S section and he drives a Toyota...surely he is trust worthy.... :D

Reactions: riccnick

·
Registered
93 Posts
What pressure are you guys running them? 42F/45R is where i settled at but its going to directly relate to lifespan.

Mine only have 500 miles on them though so they still look good!

Reactions: theoat
1 - 20 of 92 Posts