Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 Tundra that I purchased last August has original Bridgestone Dueler H/T
with 34,000 miles on them and are just about shot. I ran Michelin LTX on my 03 Tundra and would always get 55,000 to 60,000. I was complaining about this to the service guy when I was getting the free 5,000 mile rotation and he said, " " Yea the sales men don't ever tell customer these trucks wear out tires." Has anyone else experienced this with you 12 and 13 Tundra's. What kind of mileage are you getting out of a set of tires. I know this is a much heaver truck, but I got to get better wear and mileage.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I'll have to check. I'm at 31xxx with my stock one from the dealer. 2012trd.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
156 Posts
at purchase, dealer added new tires. they were worn before but worn out at 42k. Still had some tread left, but nothing substantial to say keep them. Dealer added new tires for free :)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I HAVE MICHELLIN LTX AT/2 AND AT 41,000 with approx. 8-10,000 miles left.
So about 45-50,000 miles on those. Price has gone up about $50 per tire. At that mileage they are still quite though. I don't know if I want to fork over 250 per tire when time comes due to other choices out there.

·
Banned
3,314 Posts
I'm about there with my Duellers. I got my 2011 used, but these are the original tires. Truck has 41k on it now, and the wear bars are flat with the tread. found a set of slightly used michellin AT2's for 425 on CL. $100 to mount them at my local shop seems to be a good deal. Look for take offs on CL in your area, there are usually people trying to scrounge some dough to pay for their new rims/tires. I'm happy with 41k for a set of tires. After looking what others are getting with Terra grapplers and such, anything above 35k is ok.

Oh, and I drive like a granny and the truck is on asphalt 95% of the time. And I have no problem paying good money for good tires. I had a sienna with the factory firestones. I hydroplaned through one rainstorm and went the next day and bought a set of Goodyear Assurance. Awesome tires, gripped through everything. Never got stuck inthe snow. I put 4 sets on that van before the head gasket went at 195k. They were pricey tires, but gave me confidence.

Odd, but I don't hear of too many people running goodyears on tundras...

·
Registered
44 Posts
BG Goodrich 285/55R20's All Terrains, in 3 months I'm already at 12,500 mostly highway and they are holding strong.
I drive about 40-50k miles a year I will let you know how they do as I go.

2013 Crewmax, leveled 3/1

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a set of Goodrich All Terrains on our All Wheel Pilot and got about 55,000 out of them, I never drive tell the wear bars are showing, my driving is so bad I need all the help I can get. lol
I have pulled a TT for about 4,000 of the 34,000 I have on these Bridgestons but I don't think they effected the wear as much as they just don't seem to hold up, I may see if I can get another 10 out of them, but I go to the beach a lot and nothing will get you stuck in dry sand faster than slick tires. Kills me to pay some kid in his daddies Dodge 4x4, 20 bucks to pull me out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts