·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
that's sweet then, another thing off the tundra irritation checklist

remote start that doesn't suck.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'd rather not have to restart my vehicle after opening the doors.
Makes no sense to have to start it twice.

Been really happy with my Compustar with the Drone module.
Nice to not have to carry my keys around..
You don't have to restart your truck, as it stays running when you open the door. However, if you hit the brake it will. just don't hit the brake, no big deal. Again....IMO
Sorry if this is a dumb question as I'm unfamiliar and inexperienced with remote starts. But don't you have to press the brake to switch the gear from Park to Drive/Reverse?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sorry if this is a dumb question as I'm unfamiliar and inexperienced with remote starts. But don't you have to press the brake to switch the gear from Park to Drive/Reverse?

You press the brake and shift once you have put the key into the ignition and turned it to "ON"

Reactions: equin

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ah, gotcha. Thanks, FrankieJoe14.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If I buy a viper 2 way from Amazon and bring it to an authorized installer will that be all I need for installaion. Or will there be extra hardware I need to buy. Do I need ths hardware?

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
I'm surprised more people aren't jumping on the toyota remote start+

it says it's plug and play and does a bunch of nice stuff

the one guy said he got one here in the states

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
When i go on the toyota website to build my TRD pro - you can add the remote start for $499

It shows the features listed above, but it does not specify if its actually the remote start+

Activates air conditioner, heater, defroster and defogger functions to preset temperatures and settings
Engine starts with quick, three-step sequence using remote key fob
Integrates with keyless entry system and existing factory security
Did the old remote starts control the defroster/defogger?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have one. They do not control anything but starting the vehicle from the outside.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
If I buy a viper 2 way from Amazon and bring it to an authorized installer will that be all I need for installaion. Or will there be extra hardware I need to buy. Do I need ths hardware?
Bump

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any aftermarket remote start for a tundra will also require an immobilizer bypass. I always use xpresskits DBALL2 for these trucks and you can find one on eBay for about $50. Find a seller who can "flash" it also. When I flashed my module, I had to use the parameters for a 2015 even though my CM is a '16 but it worked fine.

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Would definitely try one of these if it could be ordered in the US. does anyone have a part #? Maybe they can be bought on Amazon?

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
the dude who got one here needs to step up.

part number, photos, info etc

·
Registered
931 Posts
Any aftermarket remote start for a tundra will also require an immobilizer bypass. I always use xpresskits DBALL2 for these trucks and you can find one on eBay for about $50. Find a seller who can "flash" it also. When I flashed my module, I had to use the parameters for a 2015 even though my CM is a '16 but it worked fine.

My Evo One has the immobilizer bypass built in. When I bought it from eBay, it came flashed. He even flashed it fir smart start free of charge. Granted it was a few extra clicks.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
The Pro has the same engine, ecu and starter as any other Tundra so this was moved to Lighting/Electrical

·
Registered
58 Posts
Any further updates on this? I just bought a new 2016 that did not include remote start and I'd like to add that. I got used to it on my F-150 and like not having to walk outside to start the truck in winter and then come back in the house for ten minutes. I don't want aftermarket issues and can go back to the old method if needed. I certainly won't pay for any subscription service. I'll pay a one time install fee and that is all I care about. I also only need it to work from my house to my driveway. Maybe I should go with the factory one?

G

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
I think we are out of luck with the remote start plus oem Toyota

Can't find it anywhere and the one dude who said he had never came back with photos ect so I bet he had a aftermarket and thought it was Toyota

21 - 40 of 69 Posts