Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My apologies if this has been rehashed many times...I had not found in a brief search the answer to my question which is:

What would be the most/best tires I can get to go on my 20 inch stock rims that would give my Tundra a more aggressive look? I currently have 275/55R20s Bridgestone Dueller H/L Alenza tires and they just do not do the truck any justice.

Also, looking for all around performance on the road, snow and some times muddy fields. Basically trying to get the best look I can without having to get new rims...I would eventually be open to different rims at some point in the future if that is the best way to go but for now, prefer to stick with what I have for budgetary reasons.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My apologies if this has been rehashed many times...I had not found in a brief search the answer to my question which is:

What would be the most/best tires I can get to go on my 20 inch stock rims that would give my Tundra a more aggressive look? I currently have 275/55R20s Bridgestone Dueller H/L Alenza tires and they just do not do the truck any justice.

Also, looking for all around performance on the road, snow and some times muddy fields. Basically trying to get the best look I can without having to get new rims...I would eventually be open to different rims at some point in the future if that is the best way to go but for now, prefer to stick with what I have for budgetary reasons.

Thanks!
I swapped my tires for a somewhat more aggressive tread and slightly larger tire shortly after purchasing my new 2018 Platinum 4WD. My local tire supplier’s advice as to the largest I could go on the stock wheels without any mods to the truck re: clearance, etc. steered me to the Nitto AT Terra Grappler G2s, 285/55R20. I have about 25k miles on them and have been very pleased with road, dirt, snow, and rain performance, as well as tread wear. I found them only somewhat louder than my stock Bridgestones. Fills the wheel well better too as far as looks.

Best of luck...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I swapped my tires for a somewhat more aggressive tread and slightly larger tire shortly after purchasing my new 2018 Platinum 4WD. My local tire supplier’s advice as to the largest I could go on the stock wheels without any mods to the truck re: clearance, etc. steered me to the Nitto AT Terra Grappler G2s, 285/55R20. I have about 25k miles on them and have been very pleased with road, dirt, snow, and rain performance, as well as tread wear. I found them only somewhat louder than my stock Bridgestones. Fills the wheel well better too as far as looks.

Best of luck...
Thanks! Appreciate the input.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’m running Toyo Open Country AT3’s 275/60-20 on my 2019 Platinum. They are slightly louder than the stock Bridgestones but, not an issue for me.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I vote 275/60r20 also. However some people have luck with 305/55r20 and no lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts