Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty confused about which is the best as far as sound, hp gain, price?

I'm looking for an exhaust that sounds good, not too loud because I'm not real big on those "Everyone needs to hear me coming from 3 miles away" exhaust's. I just want something that sounds a little throatier than the stock, some hp gain, maybe some mpg gain and a good price. also an easy install would be nice. any help would be appreciated.

I have a 5.7L Crewmax SR5

·
Registered
72 Posts
Zoomers System 07 Tundra

You just missed out on the group buy that we ran. But some of the people who bought have already posted there feed back on ZOOMERS EXHUAST. They love the sound and the performance increase. Text Line Map Plot Diagram
I have attached a copy of the dyno results. You can go to www.zoomers exhaust.com and click on the tundra section for a sound bite, there is also on posted on this forum. http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/video_toyota_tundra/toyota-start-up-drive-away.html

We are a performance oriented company not a muffler company, the gains that we say you will get, we guarantee. We are the only company that actually has a patten on their system, because are products does what we say it will. :D

Thanks

Marshall :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Volant just released their Exhaust and Intake for the 5.7. Hope to hear some reviews on their stuff from someone on this message board.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If I remember right there exhaust is actually jba but ill have to verify
Not by the pictures. JBA has a collector Y at the front of the muffler and Volant has 2 pipes into the front of the muffler and 1 out. Really think the 2 pipes into the muffler would work better than the Y collector of the JBA.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Would really like to see some before and after dyno results on this system. You said it is stainless, is it 409 or 304 stainless? Is there any cabin drone?

Thanks
Its 409 on the stainless as for drone no this this is quiet and trust me I know drone I have a charger those things are famous for it when the mds kicks on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Volant just released their Exhaust and Intake for the 5.7. Hope to hear some reviews on their stuff from someone on this message board.
Yeah, I liked the intake and the exhaust, plan on installing them if the numbers are right. I don't expect the advertised 21 hp gain with the intake alone, but something close would be nice. Their both expensive but I like what I've seen so far. Anymore info would be great.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Zoomers

Is the JBA All Stainless?
The JBA system is 409 stainless steel with a nickel platted tip. The single is 3" manderal bent 409 2 into in with one out.

The dual is a two into one muffler with two out and 2 1/2 409 tubing. Nothing on the JBA system is 304 stainless it is all 409.

There is a big difference between 304 and 409.

View attachment 304_304L_Data_Sheet.pdf 304 stainless steal

View attachment 409_Data_Sheet.pdf 409 stainless steal

If you want to try something interesting, take a magnet at see if it will stick to a system that is made out of 409, (magnaflow, flow master, JBA,) it will. There is so much steal and impurities that it will stick.
Then try it with a system made out of 304, the only one to date that is 304 is (ZOOMERS) it will not stick.
409 has a high impurity, steal count it WILL RUST very fast. 304 will not, it is more expensive yes. Does it look better, yes. Will it last a lot longer yes.

There is no comparison between 304 and 409. And a two into one muffler back to two pipes is not a true dual exhaust, you have two tail pipes but one muffler.

In a single system a Y pipe is used to help eliminate DRONE, and create a scavenging effect to balance out both exhaust manifolds and increase HP and torque. This is basic exhaust engineering, do not let somebody tell you something else. If they are not using one it is because of the cost factor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The JBA system is 409 stainless steel with a nickel platted tip. The single is 3" manderal bent 409 2 into in with one out.

The dual is a two into one muffler with two out and 2 1/2 409 tubing. Nothing on the JBA system is 304 stainless it is all 409.

There is a big difference between 304 and 409.

View attachment 213 304 stainless steal

View attachment 214 409 stainless steal

If you want to try something interesting, take a magnet at see if it will stick to a system that is made out of 409, (magnaflow, flow master, JBA,) it will. There is so much steal and impurities that it will stick.
Then try it with a system made out of 304, the only one to date that is 304 is (ZOOMERS) it will not stick.
409 has a high impurity, steal count it WILL RUST very fast. 304 will not, it is more expensive yes. Does it look better, yes. Will it last a lot longer yes.

There is no comparison between 304 and 409. And a two into one muffler back to two pipes is not a true dual exhaust, you have two tail pipes but one muffler.

In a single system a Y pipe is used to help eliminate DRONE, and create a scavenging effect to balance out both exhaust manifolds and increase HP and torque. This is basic exhaust engineering, do not let somebody tell you something else. If they are not using one it is because of the cost factor.
409ss seems to be a great material. That is what most new cars come with from the factory and it seems to last for a long time.

304ss is a great material but for $500 more it is not..;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
am i the only one that notices this zoomers guy toots his own horn a lot? You wouldnt be trying to sell anything now would you? geez. Ps from a salesman to a salesman, Never talk bad about any competition. Talk up your product. But do it less ok? ps again:zoomers is a really bad name for a product and especially for a product for people who buy giant trucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All Volant exhaust systems are 100% 304 SS. The 2007 Tundra will be availlable in 2-3 weeks. They are not built by JBA. They are built by an OEM manufacturer.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I personally went with a Flowmaster 50 SUV muffler, pn# 524554. I love the sound, absolutely 0 drone at any speed, and definitely noticeable on acceleration. Id dare any catback to compete with the price i paid also. Sound clip below...

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
am i the only one that notices this zoomers guy toots his own horn a lot? You wouldnt be trying to sell anything now would you? geez. Ps from a salesman to a salesman, Never talk bad about any competition. Talk up your product. But do it less ok? ps again:zoomers is a really bad name for a product and especially for a product for people who buy giant trucks.

We are a supporting vendor here and on other forums and we do pay to beable to advertise and sell our products to members like yourself. I think Zoomers Tundra was just trying to explain the differences in materials used and why one is superior to the other. Ps: Branding of a product is important in this market place and to set yourselves apart from the norm is a good thing. We could have put the word "Flow" in our name like everyone else or called it Arlasky Exhaust, but Zoomers flows off the toung a little better, don't you think... :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went the Flowmaster 50 route with a ss tip for cost and love the sound. If I had the extra cash, my wife and 3 kids make sure I don't lol, I'd go Zoomers.

PS, It doesn't bother me that Zoomer jumps in on these messages, just my 2 cents.

Question for Zoomers, I have heard and read that true Duals will reduce performance due to the reduced back pressure. Is this a fact and if so how does your system handle it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I spoke with a Volant rep and it looks like the exhaust will be available in October. I already have the volant intake installed and think it makes sence to use a matching system. I am sure the zoomers system is great and would work wonders same with the JBA system but feel having a matching intake and exhaust is more critical such as port matching your heads to your intake.

just my opinion,

1 - 20 of 81 Posts