Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
Volant. I have had my Volant on for a while now and it has made a difference in mileage and sound. When I first installed it my family, friends, and I could all tell that the truck had quicker take-off and had a meaner growl. I also noticed that it pulls a little harder when running WOT. I gained at the most .5-.6 mpg, but oh well it's a truck haha. In all honesty if I got another Tundra I would definitely purchase the Volant again.

·
Registered
452 Posts
afe stage two works great for me that and it was 100 bucks shipped brand new lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
its all preference. everyone says what they have in their truck is better than others. haha. i was looking at some dyno results the other day(i forget where) but they all had pretty much the same results in gains. i dont have one in my truck yet but im going with the TRD one just because its 50-state legal and want to stick with TRD parts if its going under my hood.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Volant..BUT if I didn't buy anything yet, I would try this air box mod since the OEM airbox is already a CAI.. Check out this DIY:
Tundra Geeks Toyota Truck Forums

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Volant..BUT if I didn't buy anything yet, I would try this air box mod since the OEM airbox is already a CAI.. Check out this DIY:
Tundra Geeks Toyota Truck Forums
that link doesnt work unless your a member but is it for the secondary air filter delete? thats what i have done right now with a aFe drop in filter.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
that link doesnt work unless your a member but is it for the secondary air filter delete? thats what i have done right now with a aFe drop in filter.
Hmmm.. I wonder why it doesn't work.. I just signed up with the same name a while back.. It's worth it to sign up with TG(no $ needed).. It's just an identical size hole right next to it. Two Bros have photos of it on their N/A and S/C. They both swear it works well.. For those who can't open up that link.... I went ahead and "borrowed" the photos. It's self explanatory..
Dez writes this:
07+ Tundra Stock Air Box Mod
More air definitely means more HP! A while back I came up with this simple stock air box modification and the many who have dared to follow are having the same effects. Never dyno'd the truck afterwords although my butt dyno tells me there is an increase in power and sound. Enough in my opinion to invest the time and effort in this mod. By the way, no check engine lights ever came on after this modification.

Back in the early days of TT when everyone was all geeked up about after market CAI's peeps were sending me their OEM intakes without question. Thanks everyone!

~I added a second 3" fender intake tube to the stock air intake using parts from a spare intake I got my hands on.
* Make sure to disconnect your battery before starting this mod as you will be relocating a small group of ground wires.
*I cut the new hole in the intake like this. The air box bottom on the right is to give you a better idea where to cut your hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Supercharged did it on his truck and I think it gave him a slightly Better time. Not 100% on that information though. I think his 12.464 was after this mod.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Hmmm.. I wonder why it doesn't work.. I just signed up with the same name a while back.. It's worth it to sign up with TG(no $ needed).. It's just an identical size hole right next to it. Two Bros have photos of it on their N/A and S/C. They both swear it works well.. For those who can't open up that link.... I went ahead and "borrowed" the photos. It's self explanatory..
Dez writes this:
07+ Tundra Stock Air Box Mod
More air definitely means more HP! A while back I came up with this simple stock air box modification and the many who have dared to follow are having the same effects. Never dyno'd the truck afterwords although my butt dyno tells me there is an increase in power and sound. Enough in my opinion to invest the time and effort in this mod. By the way, no check engine lights ever came on after this modification.

Back in the early days of TT when everyone was all geeked up about after market CAI's peeps were sending me their OEM intakes without question. Thanks everyone!

~I added a second 3" fender intake tube to the stock air intake using parts from a spare intake I got my hands on.
* Make sure to disconnect your battery before starting this mod as you will be relocating a small group of ground wires.
*I cut the new hole in the intake like this. The air box bottom on the right is to give you a better idea where to cut your hole.
I was one that sent DEZ my original since I bought an AFE Stage II. What wasn't mention is the fact that AFE Stage II uses no oil which can cause an issue with the MAF sensor. So I would rather just wash in mild detergent once a year and hang dry then use oil which can give you an issue.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey Mick,

I was just wondering do you have the issue with the MAF sensor with or without the oil? Right now I'm deciding between the TRD, aFe Stage 2, and Volant intake. I have an 07 Limited C/M 5.7L.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts