Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the dealership put on a new cerpentine belt about 6 weeks ago, i was having problems with some noise after it rained in the morning. They replaced it and i didnt have any problems for a couple of days. the belt that they put on was a higher grade belt. Does anybody have any problems like this? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Is it still making noise? If so, it could be the belt tensioner.

Whatever you do, don't use belt dressing. A good mechanic would tell you that belt dressing ruins the belt and creates a lot of clean-up before a new belt can be put on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ive had a serpentine belt replaced on a car before and it started squeeking again a couple weeks later..i took it back and they stated it will get loose once it breaks in and needs to be tightened again..they tightened it and haven't heard it since.

·
Registered
245 Posts
ive had a serpentine belt replaced on a car before and it started squeeking again a couple weeks later..i took it back and they stated it will get loose once it breaks in and needs to be tightened again..they tightened it and haven't heard it since.
Tightened what? They have self tensioning arm.... Unless that was faulty.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I have a birdie under my hood right now when the A/C is on. I have a feeling the compressor has a janky bearing. Oh well, warranty. When I replace belts, I usually wear gloves to keep any grease or oil off the belt. Once they start to sing, they sometimes never stop.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it is still making noise. It can't be the tenssioner I just replaced it a couple months ago.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would bet that the belt was not put back on properly. I made this mistake before and yes it will still work with the squeal when you first start the truck. Pull the diagram for the belt layout and double check the routing of the belt and hopefully this is the issue I made and many others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts