Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got over my early mid-life crisis of wanting to own and drive the hell out of supercars. I owned Ferrari, McLaren, and Lamborghini and while they are cool I'm done and going back to living a more simple life. IE: Putting my fun car money into machine guns :)

Now my DD is currently a 2014 TRD Double-Cab with Kings, 2020 Pro front end, headlights, NFab bumpers all around, Rigid lights, and all sorts of other mods, and while I've had ZERO issues with it, I'm yearning for a new daily and a larger passenger cab. Hence my lust for a 2021 (never buying a 2020 vehicle lol) and I'd like the TRD Pro Crew Max.

Is there any major differences between my 14 and the 21's? Off the bat I'll gain a better sound system, towing controls, keyless start. What else am I missing fellas? Any first hand owner experiences? Thanks!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any experience with TRD Pro VS King suspension?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Get over your issues and keep what you have, Read any one of the million Mile Tundra stories. With the list of vehicles you mention you are going to need to spend years recouping finances. Put the money you save into a 401, 457, 403b. You'll thank me later.

·
Registered
634 Posts
It sounds as if the op has his finances in order. Sorry I can't help I have only a 2019 sr5 and zero machine guns... so jealous.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get over your issues and keep what you have, Read any one of the million Mile Tundra stories. With the list of vehicles you mention you are going to need to spend years recouping finances. Put the money you save into a 401, 457, 403b. You'll thank me later.
My biggest issue is inside cab space. I left out that we are expecting our first. I'm asking for advice on the TRD Pro specifically. Have you driven or owned one and is the suspension and 6 year gap between my 2014 worth it? As far as finances…I'm good. You don't lose money on exotics if you buy them right. I made money on them. But been there done that and it's not all its cracked up to be.

It sounds as if the op has his finances in order. Sorry I can't help I have only a 2019 sr5 and zero machine guns... so jealous.
How do you like the 2019? I know they added some safety features and such. Do you have the CrewMax?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I recently got over my early mid-life crisis of wanting to own and drive the hell out of supercars. I owned Ferrari, McLaren, and Lamborghini and while they are cool I'm done and going back to living a more simple life. IE: Putting my fun car money into machine guns :)

Now my DD is currently a 2014 TRD Double-Cab with Kings, 2020 Pro front end, headlights, NFab bumpers all around, Rigid lights, and all sorts of other mods, and while I've had ZERO issues with it, I'm yearning for a new daily and a larger passenger cab. Hence my lust for a 2021 (never buying a 2020 vehicle lol) and I'd like the TRD Pro Crew Max.

Is there any major differences between my 14 and the 21's? Off the bat I'll gain a better sound system, towing controls, keyless start. What else am I missing fellas? Any first hand owner experiences? Thanks!
I had a 2012 and sold it. Just got a midnight black metallic 2021 trd pro. Love it!
Dual exhaust sounds great. Suspension with the fox shocks is a joy to ride on. I did have behind back seat storage in my 2012, but none in the 2021. Had to order some under seat storage. But I love it and not disappointed in it at all

·
Registered
634 Posts
My 2019 is a dc. It's my first Tundra and I really like it. I didn't go crewmax because I heat with wood and opted for the longer bed. My only complaint is ride comfort, with a loaded bed it rides nice but unloaded it's a little stiff and has a kinda bouncy feel in the seats. The driver seat is adjustable and in the way I adjust it I don't feel it as much. The passenger side seat is not power so the 'bounce' can't be adjusted out. I've never sat in the back but it seems roomy enough for short trips. The CM I checked out when truck shopping didn't have an adjustable rear seat which doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
2020 TRD Pro
21 Posts

Off the bat you will NOT gain a better sound system. It's junk. You'll end up spending anywhere between 1,500 to 3K for an entirely new system. Make sure you know that going in. I have a '20 Pro and it's sweet but had to swap out the sound system because it was so awful. Most people here will agree...

·
Registered
6 Posts

Oh sure. I’ve got a couple Mclarens, a few lambros, several Ferrari’s. They’re just plain boring to drive. First you’re probably the ONLY guy on here whose owned all three of those and I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re the only one whose owned just the Mclaren. If you’re bored with any one of those toys just cast one my way I’ll drive it for you. 😂. I’ll never afford one of those on my $150,000 salary. Anyway, I’d wait until the 2022 comes out. Unless you’re just dying in the DC that’s my advice. The redesign will happen and I think you’re gonna see some different engines including a twin turbo and hybrid. Then again if you can afford those cars that’s the last thing you’re worried about if cost of fuel. So maybe I’d buy one. I’ve got a 2020 limited and I’ve added TRD-Pro wheels, TRD-Pro grill, AJT designs chrome delete kit, I dropped $6,000 in the stereo and there is no comparison between that sorry JBL and my Kicker KS, JL audio 10’s in a stealth box with an alpine iLX-F309 head unit, with a 5-channel amp. It’s loud, it’s punchy and it’s crystal clear. Just my two cents. I’d love to see pics of those cars man. I’ve never seen a Mclaren in person. I live in Kansas so not many super cars rolling around on the plains.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Off the bat you will NOT gain a better sound system. It's junk. You'll end up spending anywhere between 1,500 to 3K for an entirely new system. Make sure you know that going in. I have a '20 Pro and it's sweet but had to swap out the sound system because it was so awful. Most people here will agree...

Yeah that sound system sucks. It’s not loud and has zero depth. Thus the reason I spent $6,000 on a new system.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh sure. I’ve got a couple Mclarens, a few lambros, several Ferrari’s. They’re just plain boring to drive. First you’re probably the ONLY guy on here whose owned all three of those and I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re the only one whose owned just the Mclaren. If you’re bored with any one of those toys just cast one my way I’ll drive it for you. 😂. I’ll never afford one of those on my $150,000 salary. Anyway, I’d wait until the 2022 comes out. Unless you’re just dying in the DC that’s my advice. The redesign will happen and I think you’re gonna see some different engines including a twin turbo and hybrid. Then again if you can afford those cars that’s the last thing you’re worried about if cost of fuel. So maybe I’d buy one. I’ve got a 2020 limited and I’ve added TRD-Pro wheels, TRD-Pro grill, AJT designs chrome delete kit, I dropped $6,000 in the stereo and there is no comparison between that sorry JBL and my Kicker KS, JL audio 10’s in a stealth box with an alpine iLX-F309 head unit, with a 5-channel amp. It’s loud, it’s punchy and it’s crystal clear. Just my two cents. I’d love to see pics of those cars man. I’ve never seen a Mclaren in person. I live in Kansas so not many super cars rolling around on the plains.
lol they are cool but not all it's cracked up to be. I'm blessed I had the time with them I did but I'm stepping away from them for awhile. I'll get another one day and it'll feel special again.
There are videos of the cars here www.youtube.com/lifethroughourlens

It can't be worse than the garbage system I have in my 2014! LOL it's soooooo bad.

Thanks for the feedback fellas!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Now my DD is currently a 2014 TRD Double-

Cab with Kings, 2020 Pro front end, headlights, NFab bumpers all around, Rigid lights, and all sorts of other mods, and while I've had ZERO issues with it, I'm yearning for a new daily and a larger passenger cab. Hence my lust for a 2021 (never buying a 2020 vehicle lol) and I'd like the TRD Pro Crew Max.

Ok before I say anything about the cars my hats off to you for the charity you’ve done and I have no doubt continue to do. Watching the young man that appeared to be battling cancer in the McLaren was pretty special and I’m sure that’s something he will never forget. Those cars are both amazing. I gotta say that skittles green McLaren is ABSOLUTELY SICK! I don’t know if it runs like the Lamborghini but it sure looks amazing. Anyway, I followed your channel and I hope you will continue to post in the future. Watching those cars is pretty special.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok before I say anything about the cars my hats off to you for the charity you’ve done and I have no doubt continue to do. Watching the young man that appeared to be battling cancer in the McLaren was pretty special and I’m sure that’s something he will never forget. Those cars are both amazing. I gotta say that skittles green McLaren is ABSOLUTELY SICK! I don’t know if it runs like the Lamborghini but it sure looks amazing. Anyway, I followed your channel and I hope you will continue to post in the future. Watching those cars is pretty special.
Thanks man, that means a lot. Yeah I just gave him a ride in the Lambo a couple weeks back, sadly he's not going to make it. Kids shouldn't get cancer, it's against the laws of the universe man.

As for my Lambo, I recently wrecked it after hydroplaning in the rain. I'm still awaiting the insurance etc. At the end of the day, the car saved my life and I'll move on. I'll do a vlog on that channel when everything is over. I'll revisit supercars later in life.

To this day, my favorite vlog on that channel was EP1, it also explains my other channel etc.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've got grand kids, and the carseats in the DC can be a bit tight for the toddler. Crew Max would suit you well, and you really can't go wrong with the PRO if you are going to a newer Tundra.

I noticed no mention of a P car in your list of exotics. If you had, you would still be enjoying it. :) Highly recommend a 2014+ Targa S.

Reactions: Fireman1291

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks man, that means a lot. Yeah I just gave him a ride in the Lambo a couple weeks back, sadly he's not going to make it. Kids shouldn't get cancer, it's against the laws of the universe man.

As for my Lambo, I recently wrecked it after hydroplaning in the rain. I'm still awaiting the insurance etc. At the end of the day, the car saved my life and I'll move on. I'll do a vlog on that channel when everything is over. I'll revisit supercars later in life.

To this day, my favorite vlog on that channel was EP1, it also explains my other channel etc.
No they shouldn’t. I lost my first child at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City,Ks. She lived 39 days and while she didn’t have cancer she suffered greatly. I’ve questioned much of what we did many times over the 15 years since her death. I was in the middle of pharmacy school when that happened and worked at the hospital as well. That was a good thing and a bad thing. My heart goes out to the family of that young man. May they treasure his memories always. And in case they ever question whether they will remember him, his laugh, his smile, his voice. They will never forget it. I’ve helped many families over these past 15 years deal with their loss and each one is so different and so very difficult. Life will never be the same for them. As the years go by the pain will lesson but that loss will never go away. They will spend a lifetime grieving his loss and If I can offer one piece of advice for those who know him/them. Don’t let his memory die. Talk about him as though he were still with you watching over you. Avoidance is the worst in dealing with a loss such as that. What you did for that young man may have been a simple gesture but it allowed him to esc his pain and his diag if only for that little while. Kudos to you.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No they shouldn’t. I lost my first child at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City,Ks. She lived 39 days and while she didn’t have cancer she suffered greatly. I’ve questioned much of what we did many times over the 15 years since her death. I was in the middle of pharmacy school when that happened and worked at the hospital as well. That was a good thing and a bad thing. My heart goes out to the family of that young man. May they treasure his memories always. And in case they ever question whether they will remember him, his laugh, his smile, his voice. They will never forget it. I’ve helped many families over these past 15 years deal with their loss and each one is so different and so very difficult. Life will never be the same for them. As the years go by the pain will lesson but that loss will never go away. They will spend a lifetime grieving his loss and If I can offer one piece of advice for those who know him/them. Don’t let his memory die. Talk about him as though he were still with you watching over you. Avoidance is the worst in dealing with a loss such as that. What you did for that young man may have been a simple gesture but it allowed him to esc his pain and his diag if only for that little while. Kudos to you.
I'm beyond sorry for what you went through. At 36 and our first, my wife and I are nervous to say the least. She and I are healthy and have no family history of anything alarming but it's still there at the back of your mind. I pray it goes well. Thanks for everything you do for those families!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm beyond sorry for what you went through. At 36 and our first, my wife and I are nervous to say the least. She and I are healthy and have no family history of anything alarming but it's still there at the back of your mind. I pray it goes well. Thanks for everything you do for those families!
My wife had health problems we were unaware of before we had our daughter. She has a muscular dystrophy called Myotonic Dystrophy. You pass it on or you don’t and when you pass it on it usually amplifies and thus the child has it worse. Our daughter had a severe case that left her without much chance of life. Our son, thanks be to God, is healthy. You will be fine. And when your child comes you will finally know what it’s like to love something so much that you’d give your dying breath so that they would never feel pain. The only unconditional love that exists is that of a parent and their child and you can’t know that feeling until you too become a parent. God bless sir. Take care and I hope to see you post more on your channel!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased my 2021 TRD Pro in October. My only complaint with the truck is the sound system. You will be pleased with the interior space and it will serve you well with the new one on the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you let me know what you did to upgrade your sound system. I have a 2021 and the sound system is crappy to say the least. Thank you.

·
Registered
2020 TRD Pro
21 Posts
Can you let me know what you did to upgrade your sound system. I have a 2021 and the sound system is crappy to say the least. Thank you.
I went the cheap route...if you call $1,400 cheap. I went with a company from California called OEM Audio Plus. When you visit their website you'll see a system called Tundra Enhancement. It's around a grand but I chose to install 2 subs instead of 1. You'll have to install it yourself. I did that with a buddy of mine. Took about 1/2 a day. They sent the wrong wiring harness and it blew one of the amps that powered the sub. So, they overnighted a new harness and amp.

I'm not going to lie and say its an amazing system upgrade. You'll have to spend way more than what I spent. But anything sounds better than stock. My only complaint is that they have you use the original amp for all of the speakers except their subs. They come with their own amp. Does it sound much better..? Yes it does. Does it sound amazing...?? Sometimes....when you've got it paired with the right source...SeriousXM sounds decent. Amazon prime music sounds better and believe it or not ITunes sounds the best.

So there it is...let me know if you have any questions...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts