Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 double cab 4x4, I have a squeak which sounds like its coming from the bed. It seems to happen when hitting small bumps, I tried to replicate it by bouncing on the bumper but it wouldn't happen. I did just install a cat back system but I don't know if that would cause it. I only have 500 miles on the truck.

Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
2013 double cab 4x4, I have a squeak which sounds like its coming from the bed. It seems to happen when hitting small bumps, I tried to replicate it by bouncing on the bumper but it wouldn't happen. I did just install a cat back system but I don't know if that would cause it. I only have 500 miles on the truck.

Thanks
Liberally spray your leaf spring bushings with a silicon spray (WD-40 will work also), then drive it and see if it solves the squeak. If not, move to the exhaust hanger bushings, shackles, so forth and so on. My money is on the rear leaf spring bushings.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I had to remove the access panel on the tailgate and put some tape down. The panel was vibrating on the tailgate but it's been so long I don't remember what the sound was like. Maybe it was a squeak.

·
Registered
65 Posts
All I could imagine when I read bed squeak is something like these two gals came along and spent time in your bed... :eek:

:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts