Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure why its doing this, but after i installed 5100 bilstein and Coach's 2" shackles, my bed is rattleling hardcore. not only can i feel it, but u can hear it rattle a couple hundred feet away. anyone experienced this or knows how to fix? i have 07 DC

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
I THINK I have the same issue but I have never been able to tell if it is actually the bed making all the noise or if it is the bed liner. When I have my windows up I don't really hear it but when I put the back window down I hear a bunch of noise every time I hit any sort of bump. If you can hear yours with the windows up then we may have different issues/symptoms.

Also, I sort of figured with the air bags in the rear as well that maybe the back is just much stiffer and that was causing it but who know for sure.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im exactly the same as u, tho i can still hear it with my windows up and when im not blasting my sound system

· Registered
1,036 Posts
It maybe the tailgate that is moving up and down. You can check this by lifting it up from the bottom on both sides near the hinges. Do this with the tailgate in closed position.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It maybe the tailgate that is moving up and down. You can check this by lifting it up from the bottom on both sides near the hinges. Do this with the tailgate in closed position.
Not sure what you're referring, but i went back and tried jingling the tailgate, can you post pic?

· Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Hey Guys.. Take a quick look at your rear shocks, Its easy to miss and realized durning my own install that if the rear shocks. (top mounts) Are not torqued good with the new bushings seats it will make noise. If you can rotate the top portion of the shock its not tight. Best of luck, Noise drives me nuts too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.