Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title said, i just got a 2017 limited with the spray in liner from the dealer. they sprayed over everything in the bed. is there anything i need to cut out or do? I've never owned a truck so idk what a normal bed should have lol thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
When you say they sprayed over everything what do you mean. Normally a spray in bed liner covers the entire bed of the truck, tailgate and bed cap areas. Did they spray something in addition to that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i mean sprayed over the hooks and stuff like that. I've seen other tundras with spray ins and stuff like that is exposed, but i dont know what should and shouldn't be on a tundra. i also saw a vid of a guy with an f150 having to cut around certain things after he got his bed sprayed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the tie down rails being the ones on the left and right side of the top of the bed where i slide the cleats in? sorry I'm still all new to trucks. before i got one i was hesitant to even sit on my tailgate because i was that uneducated on how pickups work lol

·
Registered
877 Posts
It's fine, it's a truck. You put stuff in that big trunk back there. Use it, and abuse it. That's why it's a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,541 Posts
I am fine having the hooks sprayed over myself.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah that's normal for the factory spray in bed liner. Line-x and others take off the bolts and other hardware before spraying. I hate it because I have to use a knife or blade to take out the liner before being able to take off the bolts. I just installed a swing case so I know. Lol.

·
Registered
466 Posts
the tie down rails being the ones on the left and right side of the top of the bed where i slide the cleats in? sorry I'm still all new to trucks. before i got one i was hesitant to even sit on my tailgate because i was that uneducated on how pickups work lol
Yes.

Like everyone else has said, if you purchased your truck with the liner installed, everything inside the bed except the bed rails will be sprayed with liner. I'm fine with it, but some are not.

You can sit on the tailgate. The only information I can find regarding the tailgate on the Tundra is that it is not intended as a load bearing device. I think that's probably true with most tailgates, though. You can put weight on it temporarily but avoid loading it up and leaving it loaded during transport.

--Matt

·
Registered
727 Posts
Mine are sprayed and I actually like it that way.. goes with the whole bed.. hooks still work perfectly fine..

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
My bolts and hooks were removed before spraying, so they are not coated. My brother in laws Tundra's hooks and bolts were left in and sprayed over. His is Rhino Liner and mine is Line-X. For whatever reason, he was pissed about it at first. I don't think he gives a damn now. I don't think it makes much difference either way. It's a truck bed, and designed for some abuse.

Congrats on the new truck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The new 2017 factory spray in liner covers every bolt and hook...except the hooks closest to the bed.
At first I thought they screwed up and missed them, but when I was at dealer casually talking about the side rails, he said..."For some reason they don't spray liner over the rear hooks anymore". He didn't know why.

I have 2 tundra's. I had Line-x do the 2011 and they removed all hardware. Rust on bolt heads shows.
The 2017 came with everything sprayed over.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had rusty bolts in the bed of a F150 with Rhino, I didn't like it much. Every truck i've had done since I asked that they spray over bolts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts