Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a "with deck rail" Toy bed liner, and deck rails. Which do I install first? The deck rails then the liner, or the liner then deck rails?

Hoping somebody else here has done the job and knows the right way to do it... I hate going in blind. Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here's a trick I use. Install the screws into the into the bedrail screw holes. Don't install the Bedrail at this step. Install the Bedliner. Press the bedliner against the screws. Just enough to leave a scratch mark. The screws will leave a mark on the back of the bedliner.

Now, get your drill and drill out the holes. Almost Perfect fit. Good Luck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I purchased the "with Bedrail" liner and the bedrails for my 2014 DC. Dropped in the liner and bolted up the rails. NO drilling required, the liner is ready for bedrail install. If you have the "without Bedrail" liner, you will see marks on the outside of liner showing where to cut the bedliner before installation. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks. Like you all said, liner first was the way to go. The install went fine, except I dropped the nut for the bolt that holds the center of the back rail, and it landed somewhere on top of the gas tank. Could not find it, so I had to use a nut and washer instead.

There were no holes to drill, and no plastic to cut as I ordered the "with rails" liner. My wife said to me after it was done... Now what are you going to tell people when they ask you to help them move something... Beotch.

My dealer sold me the bedliner for $330, the rails for $175, and chrome step bars for $400. I know that's a lot to add right away, but if I don't do it now, I will get lazy and never do it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Those instructions tell you to pull the bed liner out scribe the back and then cut it. What a pain.
That is for an existing "No Bed rail" liner. If you already had the bedliner, it would be a whole lot less $ than buying one pre cut. It is well marked and also easy to cut .

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do have the existing no bed rail liner until I decide to spring for linex any way.
The cab side of the liner wraps around the top of the bed for protection. Not sure I want to cut that off. How can you accurately drill the mounting holes in the liner?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts