Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my Tundra this past October it came with a factory installed spray-in bed liner. I thought it was funny that there was a bottle of "Bed Liner Conditioner" in the console when I drove it off the lot. That's all the bottle said. No brand name. After a few quick google searches it appears that other folks have also gotten this with new purchases.

Anyway, this morning I decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised at what a nice job it did. Basically, you just rinse out the liner, wait for it to dry, and then spray this conditioner in there. No wiping or anything. I was pretty impressed with how nice it made the liner look. It took about 2/3rds of the bottle to do two light coats.

So I thought I'd see if I could find out how to get my hands on some more of this stuff. I figure it would probably be worth doing a couple times a year. Anyway, no google searches could turn up any info about what this stuff is or where you can get more. I called my local dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about. It made we wonder if it was something that was thrown in by Gulf States Toyota or whoever installs the spray-in bed liner.

Anyone have any more info on this stuff?

· Registered
50 Posts
If it is a liquid, it has to have a MSDS. It can't be leagally shipped if it doesn't. Pretty dry reading, but the info should be there.
It may have been shipped with an MSDS, but that doesn't mean the MSDS is going to make it's way to the final consumer. My 2012 Texas Edition Tundra came with a bottle as well. . .I've yet to use it on my truck though. Some other options may be;
http://www.justonce.com/
http://www.linex.com/renew_6.shtml
http://www.303products.com/protectant/303r-aerospace-protectant-32oz.html

· Registered
135 Posts
so umm.. who makes it?

· Registered
1,261 Posts
They sell it at the dealership here. I used Lexol or 303 aerospace in a pressurized hand pump sprayer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: 97FASTech

· Registered
7 Posts
Kinda older thread, but I got this stuff too from the dealer. How often should it be "conditioned"? Depends on many things I'm sure, but thought someone might have a rough estimate or description of what a liner may look like when it needs a treatment.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, I'd say every few months would probably be fine when it starts to look a little less black and shiny.

But the real question is, has anyone figured out where to buy this stuff or an equivalent product?

· Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Sub'd

· Premium Member
3,239 Posts
I pass my dealer daily so I stopped in and asked. They don't normally stock it but the Toyota part number is TO990-01. I saw the computer screen and it cost them like $26 for a case. I thought I saw the case as 12 but he said 20. Either way it should only be a few bucks each bottle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.