Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the hole to hole measurement for the bds 7 inch lift strut extensions. I have the zone 5 inch lift and those strut extensions measure 5.25 inches hole to hole. I am curious how much longer the bds 7 inch ones are. I know they use a pre load spacer but that's also with longer strut extensions.

Basically looking for hole to hole measurement for strut extensions on bds 7 inch lift?

Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have the bds 7 inch lift that can get me hole to hole measurement on the strut extensions?

Thanks

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was under the impression the extensions were the same on both kits

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That's what I thought at first but an email back from a vendor said they are different. That the additional lift was achieved by both pre load shim and longer extension.

I don't want the full 7 inch lift I want to go another inch up as it will clear and fit in the garage. The 5 inch zone extension measures 5.25 inches.

Looking to confirm that the 7 inch lift is 5.25 inches for the 7 inch lift as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
That's what I thought at first but an email back from a vendor said they are different. That the additional lift was achieved by both pre load shim and longer extension.

I don't want the full 7 inch lift I want to go another inch up as it will clear and fit in the garage. The 5 inch zone extension measures 5.25 inches.

Looking to confirm that the 7 inch lift is 5.25 inches for the 7 inch lift as well.

Thanks
I can check for you on monday. I have my stock struts with the extensions still on them. I installed coilovers so I no longer use them

·
Registered
287 Posts
When I researched this I believe that I found 5.25" for both the BDS 7" and Zone. As you mentioned the preload spacer provides the additional lift on the BDS. The 4.5" BDS lift has an extension that measures ~4.75". I have the Bilstein 5100's on my mine at the lowest notch which provides 0.85" of additional lift. Hopefully you can get some confirmation.

Here is a post that confirms the measurement for the BDS 7" http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-suspension-talk/97117-7-inch-bds-owners-info-needed.html#post582926

1 - 7 of 7 Posts