Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get the BDS 4.5 or Zone 5 with coilover. But is the 4.5 or 5 coilover the same as the 7in kit coilover? I don't want to have to buy a new coilover if I upgrade to the 7in. I just want 4.5 or 5 right now. Would icon that are made for the 7" kits work for the 4.5?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the zone 5. I've read that the zone and the bds are similar. The differences in the package are the skid plate (BDS). As for the coilovers, I THINK they are the same just maybe tuned slightly different, but that may not be true. That is just by reading the description. I was actually looking at the same thing the other day. This is the route I am leaning, since BDS paired them up together.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You was looking at the zone or bds?

I have the zone 5. I've read that the zone and the bds are similar. The differences in the package are the skid plate (BDS). As for the coilovers, I THINK they are the same just maybe tuned slightly different, but that may not be true. That is just by reading the description. I was actually looking at the same thing the other day. This is the route I am leaning, since BDS paired them up together.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The similarities with the BDS setup minus the skid plate. A few people on here running them without any issues.

If i had the money, I would go BDS 4.5 with the Fox Coilovers. This setup compared to mine is about 2 grand more. It was not worth it to me at the time. Not really worth it just thinking about it, now.

Since, i didnt, I will be making up for that. But, so far, I have no issues at all.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The similarities with the BDS setup minus the skid plate. A few people on here running them without any issues.

If i had the money, I would go BDS 4.5 with the Fox Coilovers. This setup compared to mine is about 2 grand more. It was not worth it to me at the time. Not really worth it just thinking about it, now.

Since, i didnt, I will be making up for that. But, so far, I have no issues at all.

Thank you! I don't hardly offroad but maybe 5 days a year. So im not sure I need to spend 600 usd. I can get a nice skid plate from RCi and get coilovers from fox. Save 3-400 dollars or go without a skid plate and save me 600. The warranty for zone is probably almost as good anyway

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm really struggling to decide. I like the price of the zone, bds warranty but I'm also loving the fabtech 4 with coilover because it's a light version of a long travel.. no cutting

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I went with the zone 5. Next mod will be the fox coil overs, my shop did one on a zone 5 and said the guy was super happy with it.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I went with the BDS 4.5 with Fox coilovers. Very happy with my set up. Ride is similar to stock except more controlled. Really soaks up bumps and potholes well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.