Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 4.5" BDS lift with 17k on it and have been dealing with a vibration issue for the past 5k or so. Basically, the truck vibrates when slowing down to around 5-10mph. It is pretty significant since I can feel it in the steering wheel, brake, and floor boards.

I had one shop tell me it was the rotors that needed to be machined but Toyota took a look and said they were fine. Toyota told me that it was from the tires...nitto trail grapplers 35x12.5x20...evidently mud terrains vibrate a bit when worn. I am not convinced of either and I do feel the vibration when the truck slows to a stop without applying the brakes, so that probably rules out the rotors. The tires seems to be wearing evenly so I am not sure that could be it either, especially vibrations to this degree. I have the carrier bearing drop bracket installed which helped on the acceleration driveline vibration and for the first 12k there's was no vibration as the truck slowed down.

Im stumped! Any ideas of what this might be?

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
The trail grapplers will vibrate pretty good below 10 mph, if you don't feel vibration otherwise then it likely is just the tires...mine do the same thing and others have posted the same; just a side affect of the huge knobs on pavement.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I agree. Trail grapplers vibrate as they get worn. My last set did it and this set is now they're at ~ 35k miles. They vibrate at low speed and again about 50-60 mph. I'm about to get them balanced again. That should help my 50-60 mph vibration but the low speed vibration will still be there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys! I guess i will have to live with the vibration until i swap out the tires.

On a side note, what tire pressure do you run in your tires? Nitto said to run at 50, but this makes for a pretty rigid ride.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Me too...

I have had this problem since the first day I put this on my truck as well. I had the carrier bearing drop installed also but didn't help. And the vibration only happens between 5 and 10mph... I can tell you right now it's not the tires I have open country mt's and that's the first thing they say is it's the tires. I feel the tires at first initial take off but when it hits 5 thru 10mph it's vibrates and then goes away after that. Hoping to fix this problem. Going to take it to the shop soon. Anyone have any other suggestions??

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Emilenkie is your truck a 2wd or 4? Mines a 2. Wondering if this is only happening on 2wd's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts