Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new battery on my 07 Crewmax 5.7. I am running a 1,000 Watt Memphis AMP.

Any suggestions on what battery I should use to replace?

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you like to run your sound system often with the ignition off, get a deep cycle battery such as an Optima Yellow Top. Otherwise, the Duralast Gold does the job well enough without going over $100. Want the best with no budget constraint? Go with Kinetik batteries.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have a 800 watt amp and love the Optima Yellow Top. I tailgate and sit around fires with the radio playing and got tired of my battery dying all the time. Never has yellow top failed me thus far.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The yellow top went from a 7 year prorated to a 5 year prorated after first 3 full coverage if it dies due to the hotter summers. That is what the Autozone guys told me, I bought it 2 years ago and the 7 year applies still for me.

+1 on the Duralast, plus it has a very good warranty.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Optima isn't what it used to be, go with a platinum series or p1 from sears its a rebadged oddessy at a lower cost. Put one on the jk a few years ago and has been worked HARD by the m8000 with no hints of skipping a beat. Do a search on Jkowners.com for optima issues, seems that in the past few years they have gone downhill dramatically, I had issues with a yellow top, ditched it and haven't looked back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts