Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the Bassani 5747145 cat-back from Bassani since they are having a clear-out sell on overstock exhausts and the Tundra was in that group for $399 (still this price)!

This is 2.25" in and 3" single out all stainless, 5x10 polished stainless muffler and a 4" slash cut polished stainless tip.

Depending on where you look it says it will fit 2007-12 or 2007+. Everything fit on my 2013 except the pipe coming from the drivers side to the muffler. Mine has the flange about 12" from muffler, Bassani had that pipe flange after the bend heading to the cats. Not a problem. Took it to the local muffler shop and about an hour later everything bolted up and just like stock! Other than that everything else fit perfect and tight.

Not sure what all if any this exhaust added/lost, as the truck only had 200 miles on it when it was put on.

Initially I was disappointed, as it was very quite. I have heard Bassani on many other vehicles, especially mustangs and they have been loud with a very nice deep tone.

After putting 100 miles on it, it is getting louder as it burns in. The tone is a very nice low rumble. Kind of like a muffled Magnaflow. At idle and highway speed its very quite and pretty much a little louder than stock with no drone. I'm sure after a few thousand miles this will change. I can listen to the radio at a decent level and have a normal conversation without having to talk over the exhaust.

I will get a sound video up after the weekend, as I am driving to Missouri from North Carolina, so that should give it time to burn in a little more.

So far very happy with it!

Chris

·
Registered
608 Posts
looks great

Reactions: TheStalker
1 - 2 of 2 Posts