Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...if you have a 14+, like a quiet truck, and are sick of the light throttle hum ya gotta listen to whenever the tow/haul mode isn't enabled, do it!

I got done putting one on an hour ago and just went for a drive. That loud low hum that permeated my skull anytime the truck was accelerating below 2000 rpm is all but gone! It's nearly perfect. The 55 mph drone is still there but it isn't half of what it used to be. At least with the radio on it disappears unlike before. The truck as a whole sounds more like a '13-prior but even quieter. Heck, on the highway, the motor may as well be electric.

I'm sure his more complete systems are awesome too. Build quality of this thing was tops. I'd have one, but it's a Japanese nameplate on the grille, and this is Michigan... lived through that already in years past.

Today was a good day!

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
668 Posts
...if you have a 14+, like a quiet truck, and are sick of the light throttle hum ya gotta listen to whenever the tow/haul mode isn't enabled, do it!

I got done putting one on an hour ago and just went for a drive. That loud low hum that permeated my skull anytime the truck was accelerating below 2000 rpm is all but gone! It's nearly perfect. The 55 mph drone is still there but it isn't half of what it used to be. At least with the radio on it disappears unlike before. The truck as a whole sounds more like a '13-prior but even quieter. Heck, on the highway, the motor may as well be electric.

I'm sure his more complete systems are awesome too. Build quality of this thing was tops. I'd have one, but it's a Japanese nameplate on the grille, and this is Michigan... lived through that already in years past.

Today was a good day!
Good move on your part, going to Keith for the resonator. If you're not wanting a loud exhaust, just ballsier and refined, I rambled and ranted like a fanboi girl here http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...0178-8-bamuffler-damn-you-tundratalk-net.html

Build quality is great. The thread is long, but I threw a bunch of pictures there, and a video (that doesn't really do it justice).

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
i never noticed a drone in my stock '15, i will have to listen for this...

any guy striving to make a pickup truck quieter, like a civilized human being, is ok in my book

·
Registered
14,226 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Must be my crazy stupid sensitive ears. I used to watch the TV with the volume set at zero and I could hear it just from the leakage in the amp.

A couple weekends ago I had a head cold or something and it felt like my left ear was full of water. Had to drive across the state and the drone made it feel like I had a power drill permanently attached to my head.

Still super happy with it. Now the loudest thing on the truck is mirror wind whistle.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
387 Posts
Must be my crazy stupid sensitive ears. I used to watch the TV with the volume set at zero and I could hear it just from the leakage in the amp.

A couple weekends ago I had a head cold or something and it felt like my left ear was full of water. Had to drive across the state and the drone made it feel like I had a power drill permanently attached to my head.

Still super happy with it. Now the loudest thing on the truck is mirror wind whistle.

You can fix that whistle! My 13 had it and i went crazy trying to find it thinking it was the windshield after it was replaced. Don't give up! Keep messing with the side view mirrors position and you can get rid of it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.