Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Warning: If you dont like pictures and videos, dont go any further...

Well, I finally got my exhaust on my truck. I say finally, but Ive only got 4200 miles on it. Im just going to post a ton of pictures and a few videos here because Im always wishing when i find something online I like, that there was more to see of it. I wish I had washed my truck first. Its been raining here and it a little dirty, but oh well.

I think I may have watched every video on the web with Tundra exhaust systems. Thats what it feels like anyway. I wanted to make sure I got the right sound and that it wasnt too quiet and that it wasnt too loud. After talking with Keith from BAMuffler and going over it in my mind for about a month, I finally ordered my system with a plan in mind to have something unique. I then ordered my TRD pipes and sent them to the ceramic coat guy who took about a week to get them back to me.

I ended up with exactly what I wanted, so maybe this could help someone else to decide too.

Here is what I put on my truck:

*Dual exhaust system made for TRD pipes, all done in stainless steel
*X-Pipe
*Resonators welded onto the system directly behind the mufflers
*TRD Pipes black satin ceramic coated
*TRD Pipes set came with hanger for the extra pipe and a new wider heat sheild

Pictures and Video:

Before installation (and clean):

New Heat Shield

New pipe hanger was easy to put up.

Windows down

Windows up

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The black satin tips look fantastic! Are you going to a black rear bumper?
I appreciate that! I think I will at some point. I found a place that has an oven large enough to powder coat the bumpers. I just have to decide if I want them gloss black to match the truck or if I want to do them in satin black. Plus I need to wait a bit before I go spendjng the money... my wife is very accepting and supportive of my hobbies, but I don't want to push her over the edge... ha jk

·
Registered
738 Posts
Sounds very nice. How much did the whole setup run you if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds very nice. How much did the whole setup run you if you don't mind me asking?
No I don't mind. Before I had the ceramic pipes coated it was fairly comperable to the full trd ststem in price. My total was 1375 for everything, before I had the pipes cetamic coated the total was 1185.

This was probably the most I've ever spent on an exhaust system, but I love this truck. Anyways here is the kicker, I could have just bought the trd system, but aside from the bamuffler sounding much better, the thing was solid as a rock, it has an xpipe built in and resonators to cancel out any cabin droan. So to me it was well worth the money. Now I had Keith build it for me in stainless steel, so I did pay more for that. I could have saved about 150 if I had him do it in the metal he usually makes them in. I probably didn't need ss, but I thought, what the heck... buy once, cry once. Ha

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's the beauty of the BAmuffler system. It's fully customizable. I can literally make it sound exactly like the TRD system, or it can sound BA;)
Alright, Keith, tell me something. Now that I have my system on, what if I wanted headers and mid-pipes with cats built in. Is this possible and will it give me the 40 HP increase youve talked about?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
the cats will take about 10hp from ya. I would recommend running as big a muffler possible in the mid pipe. The system that you have was intended to run behind stock manifolds and 4 cats, it would be pretty loud behind headers and only 2 cats.

That said, if you weren't worried about the sound, I have a pair of used OBX headers and catted mids (without mufflers, but they could be added) that I could work out a pretty good deal on:)

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, well you know it took me a couple months to decide on what ive already done.... ha. so let me think about that. also, if you want to PM me about the used headers and mid pipe, im interested, or text too if youve got my number. Hey, let me ask you this... I know the long tubes seem to be the way to go for the most bolt on power, but what about short tube headers. would they bolt to the stock pipes? if so, would they give any increase in power? and would it be worth it? Yeah Keith, do you feel like you spend more time getting your brain picked that actually building systems? ha, thanks

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also, Kieth, it just hit me... you need a FAQ page!!! you could take all of the questions you get asked and put them and your responses in one page. Just think how much time you could save yourself! Just a thought. I know I searched high and low for all of the information you put out there on this site.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts