Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have a TRD style muffler system that is built for towing? I like the dual exhaust look, but I don't want to lose any torque. I would love to gain torque if anything. My plan is to mate it to a set of JBA headers.

·
Registered
500 Posts
You wont lose any power, but you might loose audible comfort via the dreaded drone of aftermarket systems.

While this is one of the best options for the Tundra and there are some that tow with it, if you tow a lot (especially with kids) you may want to consider remaining stock.

The TRD system is bad (loud) enough when towing....not good!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm definitely not interested in having drone in the truck. Not even a little. I travel too many miles to sit and hear that the whole time. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm definitely not interested in having drone in the truck. Not even a little. I travel too many miles to sit and hear that the whole time. Thanks for the feedback.
Then for sure don't do headers...I did a 10 inch stainless BAM w/ resonator from Keith...its fine...no drone but can still hear a low growl...I also soundproofed the shit out of my CM cab.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I don't think you will have drone with one of the BAMuffler setups with the helmholtz added on.
Probably more of a question of, do you want an aftermarket exhaust if you tow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To me the truck is too quiet, and the V8 growl is always music to my ears. I just don't want to hear droning with it. I have no plans to get rid of two of the four cats and no plans to not add the helmholtz if I go with BAMuffler.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I hear you....I had an MBRP dual catback and it was definitely V8 sounding and loud to the point it got most peoples attention when I merged on the highway.

I didn't have a trailer back then, but I couldn't hear my kids w/o letting of the accelerator so ended up selling it.

Now I miss having a V8 sound, but on the border of whether I want to go aftermarket again....even if I sell my trailer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.