Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning I had a BAMuffler budget dump exhaust installed on my 2016 Tundra. Without question all the praise that Dirty Deeds has received for their exhaust systems is well deserved--this setup is bada$$! From the moment Keith started my truck I knew my gas bill would go up. As others have stated, there is no drone, the sound is tame when under normal load and then all hell breaks loose when going WOT.

Aside from this high quality product, Keith is a good dude! He took the time to thoroughly answer my questions without any pressure to buy other items from him. I will certainly give him more of my business when it is time to upgrade my suspension.

For anyone on the fence in deciding on this exhaust or another--jump off and get this setup!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd like to chime in too...I took advantage of the Black Friday sale and purchased the budget dumped today. I can't wait to pick it up and install it. I was having an issue with my order so I shot Keith an email. He responded quick and took care of everything. Thanks Keith!

·
Registered
420 Posts
With the dump system are there any concerns of exhaust getting into the cabin? Although the pic was very nice I couldn't tell if it goes past the cabin and is under the bed. NOt sure if that would make any difference or not? How much in weight saving is there from installing this dump system compared to a full TRD type dual exhaust? Any benefit to adding high flow cats (all four) to a dump system lie this or would the decibels be ridiculously high and unbearable?

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
With the dump system are there any concerns of exhaust getting into the cabin?

A. Yes. Don't stay parked at a stop light very long with windows down unless there's a breeze.

Although the pic was very nice I couldn't tell if it goes past the cabin and is under the bed.

A. It does go past the bed.

NOt sure if that would make any difference or not? How much in weight saving is there from installing this dump system compared to a full TRD type dual exhaust?

A. It's negligible. But there is some weight savings.

Any benefit to adding high flow cats (all four) to a dump system lie this or would the decibels be ridiculously high and unbearable?

A. There's no hp benefit. Sound would be louder for sure. Unbearable is subjective;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm real close to ordering the long version of this... I wish I could hear it in person, but if I can exchange it if too loud, that there's nothing to lose really. So hard to tell "volume" from videos.

·
Registered
8 Posts
BA Standard Budget System

For months I have been listening to sound clips, reading reviews of BAM,
all of which were Stella.
I decided to go for it.
Rather than ordering online I decided to call Keith,
his mailbox was full.
I didn’t leave a message, thought I’d try back later.
Not 30 minutes had past, and Keith returned my call, he asked all the right questions
and guided me to the system that I was trying to describe to him.
I just cannot find the words to tell you all, what a stand up gent Keith really is.
He really is the genuine thing.
I still cannot believe just how helpful he was.
Long story short, it’s ordered.
Cannot wait for it to be delivered.
I will post an update, once I receive it & the installation is complete.
Thanks again. [email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, Keith and his crew at DD are the exception to the rule as far as customer service goes these days. I am going on almost three years with my "dump" exhaust, which is the second system his crew installed for me. The first was a 6 in. (If I remember right) that he put on when me and my boy took a road trip to his shop and I was originally just going to pick it up with visions of grandeur of installing it myself at the hotel parking lot we were staying at. The installation is really quite possible to do this if you have a smattering of tools and ability. Keith, however is super cool and said bring it in, you're traveling....let us pop it in for ya. Unbeknownst to me they found that my OEM system had been tack welded and would've required more than the basic tools for such an install in a hotel parking lot. They ground off the beads and and did an amazingly quick install and we were off. Got to try out the system and it was great on the drive back to AZ. Loved it for the next year or so then I heard about the "dump" arrangement and that intrigued me. The family found ourselves in Escondido on vacation visiting the wildlife zoo nearby, and on a whim, I called Keith and asked about the possibility of a swap to the dump setup and he again was like, "hell, yeah -- bring it in tomorrow morning and let's get it done. Totally not planned -- spur of the moment, yet still he was stoked to take it on for someone who had a short time frame to spare. I love the no-show look of this exhaust, the sound is totally tolerable even for my wife and kids to make the trip back to Tucson, AZ. I kept expecting a comment about the sound, as it is a little more than what I had, but none came and to this day, no one bitches about it still. This is a long post, I know, but it's the only one I've made on this experience and one I've wanted to share for a long time, finally got it out there. Thanks, Keith for all you've done for my truck. Super happy with my setup and the memories of how it got there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts