Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if Ballistic jester wheels will fit a stock height tundra. I wanted to get some jester's but I was told they would not fit without lifting it or using wheel spacers. I know I've seen alot of tundras with jester's and some didn't look like they were lifted.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I can't give you a definate answer, but I was also say no. Stock tires are 32" and I have a 3" lift and 33" tires and I wouldn't be able to go up much if any in size.
You definately wouldn't need wheel spacers since they are + 12 offset so they stick out already.
If you had a local shop with them you could always test fit them, other than that I wouldn't risk it.
Any tire retailer will tell you a leveled truck would be cutting it close with the + 12 offset.

Reactions: serberus

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
sounds like an offset problem.... with a 3" lift you can stuff up to 35" tires on, with minor modification. but that is also determined by your rim back space/ offset. I'm not a tire expert but how bad are they thinking stock tires with the jesters will rub and where ?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
They'd rub the body mount if anywhere which could be chopped if needed, but if you were going to that trouble then why not level it..

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
^^agreed might as well level it

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have +14 offset wheels with no lift on stock size tires. No rubbing anywhere at all - zero modifications. I say you will be perfectly fine assuming the jesters are +12 offset. I have a thread on here somewhere with pics of my setup, just too lazy to find it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm planning on putting 305/50/20 tires on. The toyota dealership has a new tundra on the lot with the same size tires and no lift but they are on stock BBS wheels. I guess its got to be about offset. Does anyone know what the stock offset is?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
The stock wheels have 60 mm offset (except RW wheel which has 50). In other words, Jester will be pushed out from the engine bay a little less than 2 and 1/2 inches (Jester is 1 inch wider than the stock, so add half inch to 48 mm = 1.89 in). Now 305 mm tire is 30 mm wider than the stock BFG, so add another half inch or so. At stock height, you will probably rub the body mount with that tire size. Adding wheel spacers will make the rubbing worse.

Just level the dang thing.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The stock wheels have 60 mm offset (except RW wheel which has 50). In other words, Jester will be pushed out from the engine bay a little less than 2 and 1/2 inches (Jester is 1 inch wider than the stock, so add half inch to 48 mm = 1.89 in). Now 305 mm tire is 30 mm wider than the stock BFG, so add another half inch or so. At stock height, you will probably rub the body mount with that tire size. Adding wheel spacers will make the rubbing worse.

Just level the dang thing.
Yup didn't see anything in op about tire size so I was assuming stock. My previous post was based on that assumption.

Level and install it yourself! Super easy

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Yup didn't see anything in op about tire size so I was assuming stock. My previous post was based on that assumption.

Level and install it yourself! Super easy

I thought that too. See post #7 (He just put that up today).

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I'm planning on putting 305/50/20 tires on. The toyota dealership has a new tundra on the lot with the same size tires and no lift but they are on stock BBS wheels. I guess its got to be about offset. Does anyone know what the stock offset is?
20" BBS Alloy Wheel at Sparks Toyota-Scion, Myrtle Beach, SC

20X9, +50 offset so they are sucked in closer to the upper control arm and no risk of rubbing the bodymount.

Like diabolus28's situation, it could work out, but you have to keep in mind every truck fits a little different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm probably going to go with another wheel. Maybe the ballistic wizards. My truck is a 2wd so I don't want to lift it to much, but what is a good ,inexpensive front leveling kit.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I looked up Jerskain and its funny because that was the tundra that I saw that made me want the jesters in the first place. I have a white double cab also and searching tundras on the internet pulled pics of his tundra which I thought was set perfect for what I wanted.The only thing I'm worried about know is that that the jesters will stick out to far. I don't have flares so it may look like their really sticking out there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
here's a pic of how far my jesters stick out +12 offset

Attachments

Reactions: serberus and theoat

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Your tire will dictate how much your tires stick out to a degree. Mine aren't bad, I'm trying not to get flares.
Keep in mind the rear always right sticks out more than the others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your tire will dictate how much your tires stick out to a degree. Mine aren't bad, I'm trying not to get flares.
Keep in mind the rear always right sticks out more than the others.

That looks fine. Thats about the most I would want them to stick out.I'm going to have to do something quick cause my tundra came with the STEEL rims.They couldn't make a worse looking rims if they tried.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I wish I had gotten steelies and saved coin. Make sure to get new tpms sensors too as the ones in steelies are different.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts