Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have an undercover, I was comparing between the G2 and the flex. The flex is fantastic. It has kept the bed dry, and is easy to install.

Potential downside, if you install using the factory rail system, you can no longer use the side mounted tie downs.

I love the flush look, and the fact it keeps my bed dry. so far (not long yet) great product.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I got a set of these as mentioned in another post and they work great under the flex. This here but upside down
My flex has some drips on the drivers side but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. The support guy was very knowledgeable and sent me a complete set of replacement seals. He was very helpful and I feel like I am good hands.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Mine leaks quite a bit actually... I just thought that was what I had to live with. Can you shoot me his info? Mine is several years old but has leaked from the beginning .

·
Registered
566 Posts
Mine leaks quite a bit actually... I just thought that was what I had to live with. Can you shoot me his info? Mine is several years old but has leaked from the beginning .
I think you're asking me, I will pm his email to you because I would be pissed if someone posted my work email online. I just filled out the contact us form on the website to get things started in case the email address is no longer good.

·
Registered
467 Posts
thanks man!

·
Registered
472 Posts
FWIW, I had the Bakflip F1 on my Tacoma for 4 years…..

Sounds great right? Not at all…. Maybe the problem is that my Tacoma was not my daily driver and it sat outside. But my panels on the F1 began to warp and pocket water. Rivets would rust, and I felt the arms that secure the panels in the up position were cheap and risky to secure in an up position. The panels never fit really well when it was upright against the cab either (like it hit in an odd area between the 3rd brake light and the cab). This caused it to squeak (and yes I had the foam strips they supply to prevent it from rubbing in the right spots).

My next purchase is going to be an Undercover Flex on this truck.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Monday, July 25 - Aug 25, 2016: Buy an Undercover Flex, get a FREE driver's side Undercover Swingcase. That's a heck of deal!

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Are the Undercover Flex covers for the double cab 3 or 4 panels?

I like that the Bakflips for the DC are 4 panels, but the reviews for the UC Flex are way better...
Flex is 3 panels for a DC..

Monday, July 25 - Aug 25, 2016: Buy an Undercover Flex, get a FREE driver's side Undercover Swingcase. That's a heck of deal!
That is a great deal.
My Swingcase cost me $189.

·
Registered
437 Posts
There's a new hard folding cover coming soon from Access Covers called the LOMAX. You can find a few vids of it on "Access Roll-Up Cover's" facebook page.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There's a new hard folding cover coming soon from Access Covers called the LOMAX. You can find a few vids of it on "Access Roll-Up Cover's" facebook page.

Any updates from Lomax? Seems like one of the best covers on the market.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
do these tops lock? how well do they keep out water?

·
Registered
472 Posts
do these tops lock? how well do they keep out water?

Your tailgate lock is the only "lock" for these covers since you release the panels to open from underneath the cover.

I'm pretty happy with my Undercover Flex for preventing water. The one area that gets wet in mine is the tailgate corners. Nothing significant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can big items be loaded against the back and strapped down without the undercover flex being in the way?

·
Vendor
3,516 Posts
Can big items be loaded against the back and strapped down without the undercover flex being in the way?
If you are asking about the tailgate, yes. Hope this helps, if not let me know. Also if you decide to purchase let me know and I will get you a great price.

Thanks
Josh
Svcustoms.com

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had the Undercover Flex for about a year and it did NOT hold up or work out for me at all. Having said that, I am a contractor and because a lot of the materials I use are very sensitive to temperature and humidity I can't leave them in the truck outside overnight and have to open and close the bed cover 8 - 10 times a day....

1-2: open to load materials before leaving for work and close.
3-4: open and close when arriving at the job site.
5-6: open and close at least once while at the job site.
7-8: open and close to re-load to leave the job site.
9-10: open and close once home to store materials.

The panels are a composite material and the screws holding the hardware attached to them would start to come loose from the repeated opening and closing. The composite material is too soft so you end up having to move the screws to a new location, only to have the exact same problem. When the first cover failed, I contacted Undercover and their customer service was FANTASTIC. They replaced the cover under warranty at NO CHARGE and were really great to work with.

However, when the second cover started doing the same thing, and I knew there was no way it would hold up, I bought a Diamondback cover and sold the Undercover Flex on craigslist.

The Undercover Flex is probably fine for the weekend warrior that will open and close it a few times a week/month, but if you are constantly in and out of your bed like I am, DO NOT buy it. It WILL fall apart on you.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts