Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bad Outside Tire Wear, What do I need?

Toytec Coil overs with 2" shackles in back. I have Trail Grappler tires on stock 17" wheels. I've had 4 wheel parts do an alignment for me and they said they max out the adjustment to ensure my tires don't toe in the best they can. It's better than what Toyota could do but still I'm getting bad outside tire wear and I still have the tire nubbies in the inside of the tire! It's well over 10K miles now and the outside is about 1/4 more worn down than the inside, I need help! :confused:

Do I need UCA's to fix this? If so what brand is good but won't break the bank?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Are your coilovers maxed out? I don't think you would need UCA's with only 2.5" lift. Did you just recently have 4 wheel parts align it and toyota did it after your coilovers were added or something? Sounds like just a very bad alignment in my opinion. If you could get a printout of your alignment and post it up I'm sure you could get some help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are your coilovers maxed out? I don't think you would need UCA's with only 2.5" lift. Did you just recently have 4 wheel parts align it and toyota did it after your coilovers were added or something? Sounds like just a very bad alignment in my opinion. If you could get a printout of your alignment and post it up I'm sure you could get some help.

Coil overs are not maxed out. They are around a 2.5-2.75" lift right now.

So I've had multiple alignments from Toyota, NTB, then 4 Wheel parts. The 4 Wheel parts guys said the camber was pretty much in "factory spec" but they had to readjust it and max it out the best they could to make the tire not toe in. Said it wasn't perfect but best they could do since the adjustability was maxed. Unfortunately I didn't get one of those printed sheets that said the specs. :(

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I don't see how they are maxed with under 3" lift. I've seen a lot of people get good specs from over 3" lift. Hard to tell without alignment specs though. Adjustable UCA's will surely fix your alignment issues though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see how they are maxed with under 3" lift. I've seen a lot of people get good specs from over 3" lift. Hard to tell without alignment specs though. Adjustable UCA's will surely fix your alignment issues though.

I run the stock 17" steel wheels. I barely have room between the control arm and the tire as-is. Would Camburg or a similar brand cause rubbing? Really trying to hold out on getting new wheels or wheel spacers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts