Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 07 DCRB SR5 5.7L and I have 300 miles!! And I just put on a volant cold air intake yesterday 2 hours before track time (1/8mile) And I raced my bro's 07 DCRB SR5 5.7L with 2000 miles and his is all stock!! And his best time was [email protected] to my best of [email protected] and I was consistent all night in the 9.3's all of my runs Does the ECU have to get use to the intake?? And is it because my truck isn't broken in yet??
Here's a vid I'm in the left lane,,
YouTube - 2007 tunfra DC 5.7 1/8 with Volant intake

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 3,000 miles on my 07 DC and here are my times from last night.
It was a cool night and the track was a bit damp from the air.

2007 Tundra DCRB
18" Wheels with stock tires
TRD CAI
Borla Exhaust

All runs were with Tow Haul Mode on and Auto Limited Slip Engaged. (Traction Button pushed just once). With the VCS turned off, I had bad wheel hop.
I believe that with a dry track, I could have turned off VCS and got a little better time without wheel hop.

1st run
60 - 2.14
330 - 6.14
1/8 - 9.45 @ 73.95 MPH
1000 - 12.31
1/4 - 14.72 @ 92.63 MPH

2nd Run
60 - 2.14
330 - 6.15
1/8 - 9.48 @ 73.70 MPH
1000 - 12.35
1/4 - 14.77 @ 92.21 MPH

3rd Run
60 - 2.16
330 - 6.16
1/8 - 9.48 @ 73.78 MPH
1000 - 12.35
1/4 - 14.78 @ 92.34 MPH

These trucks are very consistent in the way they launch and handle the track.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I also All runs were with Tow Haul Mode on Limited Slip on Traction off With the VCS turned off,,And 1st gear to 2nd gear burn out!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait till I brake her in a Lil moe!!!
Or I can run you with my 11sec evo!! LOL,,
Yeah, my truck is just faster... :cool:

the brother.

·
Registered
38 Posts
:( evo

Sure!, want to run the evo now ? Ohh I for gotz. Its broken, no tranny. hahahahaha.

no tranny in the evo = teh sux.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess you win this time!! I have to let you sometimes!! for now..
:( evo

Sure!, want to run the evo now ? Ohh I for gotz. Its broken, no tranny. hahahahaha.

no tranny in the evo = teh sux.....

·
Registered
696 Posts
I guess you win this time!! I have to let you sometimes!! for now..
Not having the engine broken in does make a difference, and yes, the ECU needs to figure out the new mod. I've got a Volant too, and it took my ECU about 500 miles to learn the mod after reset.

Also, you can take 6 trucks straight off the assembly line and run them all under the same exact conditions and you're going to get 6 different times and fuel economy.

I've seen the same exact factory engines straight out of the crate, run on dynos under the same exact conditions, and one engine made 27 more flywheel HP than the next... Maybe you're brother just lucked out and got a truck with a few extra stock ponies.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ya I also All runs were with Tow Haul Mode on Limited Slip on Traction off With the VCS turned off,,And 1st gear to 2nd gear burn out!!
It is not possible to what you say. When you push the VSC off button once, it turns off TRAC and Turns on A-LSD. VSC is still operational in when A-LSD is turned on.
In 2WD, there is only one way to turn off VSC, which is to push and hold the VSC off button. This not only turns off VSC, but TRAC and A-LSD. Even though you turn off VSC (VSC off light is on), VSC will still engage in severe situations.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I can turn on the A-LSD and do massive burn outs into 4th gear!

·
Registered
348 Posts
There is only one button for traction control.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Turn your lights OFF. Lights load the alternator which loads the engine. Your bro turned his lights off.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Tow/haul mode does the following.
1st, it only works in Drive, some people say it works in "S" mode, but Toyota says no.
2nd-Throttle control-Changes the relationship between the accelerator depression angle and throttle valve opening.Throttle valve opening is increased by throttle control.As a result, acceleration performance is insured.
3rd- Shift schedule control-changes the up shift points for 1st-2nd, 2nd-3rd,4th-5th and 5th to 6th gear.
Changes the down shift points in 6th-5th, 5th-4th and 4th -3rd gear.
4th-Wide open throttle shift timing control-Works in tow mode for 1st-3rd gear.Up shift timing is delayed to make full use of engine power under wide open throttle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Tow/haul mode does the following.
1st, it only works in Drive, some people say it works in "S" mode, but Toyota says no.
2nd-Throttle control-Changes the relationship between the accelerator depression angle and throttle valve opening.Throttle valve opening is increased by throttle control.As a result, acceleration performance is insured.
3rd- Shift schedule control-changes the up shift points for 1st-2nd, 2nd-3rd,4th-5th and 5th to 6th gear.
Changes the down shift points in 6th-5th, 5th-4th and 4th -3rd gear.
4th-Wide open throttle shift timing control-Works in tow mode for 1st-3rd gear.Up shift timing is delayed to make full use of engine power under wide open throttle.
:eek: huh ? j/k thanks for the info.

djb383 said:
Turn your lights OFF. Lights load the alternator which loads the engine. Your bro turned his lights off.
Great now he knows my secret.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, not really. I was joking with 'djb383' about him letting my "secret" out.

But while your here can you ban my brother (ant_turdra) for having a volant intake and not telling me about it ? j/k(?) :p Just wait till I get my TRD Intake and Zoomers exhaust.

the faster brother (tundra)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts