Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely love the backup camera and its display in the rearview mirror. Here's the question: Has anyone ever discovered "cheat codes" to enable turning on the camera and display without putting the truck in reverse? Sometimes it would be nice to be able to see what's going on back there when I'm towing a trailer.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I've never seen that posted here.

It is a nice feature I have on my aftermarket, though. It does a split screen with the GPS screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fantastic! Now that I have an idea of what's what, I'll tackle this sometime. Certainly no stranger to digging around inside a dashboard. My Tundra is only 3 months old, so I think I'll let it accumulate a little more age before I try the surgery.

·
Banned
3,314 Posts
I did it cause I thought it would be really useful, now its more of a "wow" factor for the kids to play with on long trips. mine is tilted down too far to really see much. I wish I could tilt it up about 2-3º, I can damn near see my own license plate. Its a cool thing to have, don't get me wrong, but I've yet to find it extremely useful. I'd certainly do it if you are comfortable with wiring.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not trying to steal the thread but has anyone added the back-up camera after already buying the truck? Any aftermarket options or is the factory camera the best way to go?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Not trying to steal the thread but has anyone added the back-up camera after already buying the truck? Any aftermarket options or is the factory camera the best way to go?

Thanks,
Dave
I added the oem lcd mirror and oem camera today as a matter of fact. It took a whole 15 minutes to install. Plug-n-play-n-drive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sweet Mod! I'll try it for a little cheap wow factor.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I added the oem lcd mirror and oem camera today as a matter of fact. It took a whole 15 minutes to install. Plug-n-play-n-drive.
Mind sharing how much you paid and where you got it?

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts