Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to install an aftermarket dash display with Nav and Sat and display your backup cam on it just like the Entune/Sat/Nav option? That is a $1600 option and I really just want the Nav and dash backup camera display. Or if you want that to display your camera do you need to get it installed from Toyota? Forgive my ignorance, I'm going to be trading in my '05 Equinox and want to get the best bang for my buck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is it possible to install an aftermarket dash display with Nav and Sat and display your backup cam on it just like the Entune/Sat/Nav option? That is a $1600 option and I really just want the Nav and dash backup camera display. Or if you want that to display your camera do you need to get it installed from Toyota? Forgive my ignorance, I'm going to be trading in my '05 Equinox and want to get the best bang for my buck.
Check out Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras

They have several head units with Nav, back -up camera and steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice link. Thanks Boosted. Looks like it can be done for around $700. I know that is probably low end but I'm sure the unit they put in there isn't top of the line either.

I know this has probably been done and there are threads. I'm happy to read what has been done in the past. I'll get to searching!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I did it for about $700. Pioneer head unit and camera kit. Very simple install. I ordered my stuff from crutchfield.

Sent from my toilet.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bennelton: The camera is such a cheap upgrade now that I will def get it from the dealership. That means I don't have to be in a rush to upgrade the rest. But since it will already have the camera I want to integrate that into the display and not get an aftermarket one.

Other options I'm thinking about will be Bluetooth for phone and music, steering wheel controls, ability to put a DVD on while driving (for the wife. Otherwise she will never want to take my truck anywhere), apps (pandora, Spotify, IHeart Radio). I'm sure there are others out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts