Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
some A-hole tried to steal my tailgate last night ( 2016 platinum ). Somehow he got spooked and dropped the tailgate and the knife he used to cut the wires for the backup camera.
Does anyone know if I can just replace the wiring harness to fix the camera?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Yup. Look it up on a Toyota parts overstock website.

FYI they can't steal a locked tailgate. A simple turn of the key works wonders on your piece of mind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It got scratched slightly on the bottom , other than that it's fine...
And yes I do lock my tailgate from now on! ;-)

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi,
some A-hole tried to steal my tailgate last night ( 2016 platinum ). Somehow he got spooked and dropped the tailgate and the knife he used to cut the wires for the backup camera.
Does anyone know if I can just replace the wiring harness to fix the camera?
Thank you
Where ya located? Someone could just solder it together for ya.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just FYI , there is a harness available , it was 30$ and it took 10 min to replace.
All considered , not too bad. Thanks for your responses !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just FYI , there is a harness available , it was 30$ and it took 10 min to replace.
All considered , not too bad. Thanks for your responses !!
I know this is old...and I'm new here but I need the same thing and I cannot find this part! Can you point me to it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was thinking of cutting mine & putting butt end connectors in there so i can remove the gate when loading/unloading bikes & such. Just a thought.

·
Registered
13,682 Posts
Doesn't it just unplug under the bed?

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have to pretty much lay underneath the truck, & jiggle it. I got this truck from a buddy of mine who wouldve never taken it off, & I ended up breaking one of the locking clips that hold the connector up there. If i am moving a street bike I dont want to have to lay down there & frig with it every time 😄

1 - 15 of 15 Posts