Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Does anybody know if it's possible to have the back up cam display in booth the rearview mirror and in the JBL head unit? I just bought my 2010 platinum and it didn't come with the nav deck but it came with the back up cam display in the rearview mirror. I have ordered the stock JBL nav head unit as I didn't wanna go aftermarket and lose the voice controls all for the sake of nav. I just really like the look of the stock JBL nav head unit and ready have the premium JBL stock sound system and I have heard its plug n play with the nav unit. I think it would be pretty sick to have the back up cam display in both.

Any advise on how I could do this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for any and all feed back

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I am sure it can be done without much problem. Just splice the camera wires that are going to your mirror and hook them into your deck. I think it's only 3 or 4 wires. Not sure why you would want both? I would say your deck will give you best picture and you probably won't even look at the mirror part anymore. I that case, I would just relocate the entire harness.... I am not 100% on any of that information but that is where I would start.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mblair,

I'm currently waiting for the deck to arrive, you're right I will probably never look at the mirror again I think the only reason I want both or even thought of having both is cause if its already there then why not lol.

I was told that when I get the deck it's pretty much just plug and play since all the harness' & wires are already there, do you know if the back up cam wiring will already be in place or will I have to disconnect it from the mirror? I guess if I have to go that far might as well splice it then.

Thanks, again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.