Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I joined about 7 years ago I had a 2WD 2005 SR5 Crewmax. I traded the '05 for a '15 Dodge Challenger RT. Yeah, I know quite a difference in vehicles! This last winter kept the Challenger locked in the garage for over 3 months. I absolutely loved the Challenger. But even I realized that a 2WD vehicle was not going to cut it if we had another winter like the last one. So I just traded the '15 Challenger for a '15 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4WD. We would have never traded the original Tundra. The 2WD Tundra was horrible on the snow and ice! We drove our '05 Tundra for 5 years without one problem. It was flawless. I'm hoping to have the same experience with my new Tundra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, but it's a 6 cylinder. What's the point? I actually drove it when I was taking a test drive with all the Challenger Models including the HellCat. The 6 cylinder is "peppy" at best. The RT will push you into the seat. The SRT let's you know you are driving a real muscle car. The HellCat is unlike anything else you have ever driven. I can only describe it as "angry". That's one of the nice advantages of being me being in my mid-50's. I can drive anything on the lot. There was over 3 months of very deep snow last year and not even an AWD Challenger would have left the garage. It was a matter of traction and height. And it should be against the law to put snow tires on any Challenger!:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to mention that the new-to-me Tundra had just a little over 17,000 miles on it. That's one of the main reasons I bought the specific one that I did. First off around here there are not a lot of newer used Tundra's on the market. And number two, almost all of the similar year Tundra's for sale had a ridiculous amount of miles on them. I only put about 4000 miles on my '15 Challenger in 2 years. Yea, very sad, I know.

My '15 Tundra is pretty much immaculate. Not a scratch ding, scuff mark anywhere inside or out. Well, except in the bed that looks like some stuff was hauled in it. It just seems odd to me that that it would have such low miles and yet they put aggressive after market tires and rims on it. The undercarriage definitely doesn't look like it's been off-road. I'm on the hunt for some all-season tires. Sure, the current tires look kind of cool. But 95% of my driving will be highway miles. The other 5% will be driven in Snow. The only time the Tundra might see dirt is when I'm taking my SXS somewhere.
 

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top