Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the icon stage 1 and rear shocks also and Coachbuilder rear shackels.
Also have rear trd sway bar.

Bed bounce is so extreme on the highways that I am afraid that I might go off the road?

any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Please describe the bed bounce you are experiencing? You said on the highway, so it's occurring on paved roads? Is that the same as washboarding?

Thank you - just trying to understand

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Please describe the bed bounce you are experiencing? You said on the highway, so it's occurring on paved roads? Is that the same as washboarding?

Thank you - just trying to understand
It's Baaaaaaaaaaaad. :)

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
This should cure your bed bounce

:lol5::lol5::lol5::lol5::lol5:
LOL! Bed bounce solved, but I am not sure Coachbuilder's shackles will survive

·
Registered
135 Posts
So I have the icon stage 1 and rear shocks also and Coachbuilder rear shackels.
Also have rear trd sway bar.

Bed bounce is so extreme on the highways that I am afraid that I might go off the road?

any suggestions?
I would try swapping tires front to back first or put the stockers back on just to eliminate that first.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
LOL! Bed bounce solved, but I am not sure Coachbuilder's shackles will survive
Extra weight in the bed always helps, but this load may void the warranty.... not my warranty. The warranty on the bed :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Lol.... seen that picture a dozen times just on this forum alone, and every time I nearly piss my self from laughing

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hey Jose. We need a craine operator over here :lol5:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Got it covered I charge 44 bucks an hour

·
Registered
42 Posts
Reviving an old thread, my 2013 crew max get a pretty good bounce on some of the highways here in Denver, feel like a bobble head driving around in my truck. It does not matter if I have a few hundred pounds in the bed or not. My truck is stock but Im planning on lifting in the near future. Any feedback on the bushings? Or shocks to get?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Reviving an old thread, my 2013 crew max get a pretty good bounce on some of the highways here in Denver, feel like a bobble head driving around in my truck. It does not matter if I have a few hundred pounds in the bed or not. My truck is stock but Im planning on lifting in the near future. Any feedback on the bushings? Or shocks to get?
I feel your pain, We have the same concrete highways and have been able to test,test,test :)

Shackles and new poly bushings have worked excellent and will help eliminate this.

+1" shackles provide .625"
+2" shackles provide 1"-1.25"
+3" shackles provide 1.50"-1.75"
Poly bushings are required to work with the shackles and work well. Let me know if you need pricing and order info. thanks!

Rear shocks will also definitely help with your application, if you're going to stay pretty close to stock height the Rancho Suspension: Suspension » 2007 - 2013 Toyota Tundra 4WD Suspension Systems, Lift Kits, Leveling Systems & Shocks are great and allow you to fine tune the valving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I feel your pain, We have the same concrete highways and have been able to test,test,test :)

Shackles and new poly bushings have worked excellent and will help eliminate this.

+1" shackles provide .625"
+2" shackles provide 1"-1.25"
+3" shackles provide 1.50"-1.75"
Poly bushings are required to work with the shackles and work well. Let me know if you need pricing and order info. thanks!

Rear shocks will also definitely help with your application, if you're going to stay pretty close to stock height the Rancho Suspension: Suspension » 2007 - 2013 Toyota Tundra 4WD Suspension Systems, Lift Kits, Leveling Systems & Shocks are great and allow you to fine tune the valving.
Coachbuilder1 do you know if the rear shocks on the Rancho system will accommodate your +2 shackles? I remember reading some rear shocks like the OME 612 will allow for up to 2 inches of lift in the rear. I can't find anything on the Rancho set up regarding this. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
You could always take all the stuff you put on and put it back to stock. Take it back to the dealer and trade it in on a Prius LOL. Or...realize you drive a truck that you modified, it will never ride the same as before.

·
Registered
361 Posts
After the lift mine will start to hop on the free way if im low on rpms.Just a mild roll on the freeway will start to create some funky hermonics and enduce bed bounce.My thoughts are to x and gusset support rear frame.Poly bushings would help.They had a recall all they did was change body mounts all around but yours is after the recall?Im not use to having this big of a truck and having a frame flex this much.They don't build the tacomas this way not sure why Tacoma has been a solid design and has not had to be touched for a longgg time.Who would o thought that they would not apply that success to the tundra:crying:

Reactions: johnmaldito
1 - 19 of 19 Posts