Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1055 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Anybody that is 2wd or doesn't want to take their truck off road I am sure there will be open seats to tag along and enjoy riding along for the scenery. Bringing the MTB and maybe we can plan a ride while we are there.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
When do most of you expect to arrive? When do most of you think you will depart? I have a reservation just trying to fine tune it.

Thanks
Spatt

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I plan on Thursday to Sunday depending on my work schedule I might stay another day to do some MTB riding. Have about 5 1/2 hr drive to get there.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thursday afternoon (about 4-5 hours from home)to Sunday AM as well.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Yeah,

I HIGHLY recommend a Thursday arrival if at all possible.

We picked the single most busy weekend in Sedona to all meet up, so space could get tight. I'm trying to get the Forest Service to lend us a hand in reserving space, but that's a little dicey. I'll update in here and update the OP when I have the location nailed down 100%.

This is gonna kick ass.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I will see if I can get that Friday off but as of right now I will be heading there Friday evening.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Im gonna take fri off and be there thu eve

I got HAM and CB. OP, you wanna post up some comm channels for everyone to use?
Yeah, great call man.

I'm not connected on CB or HAM yet (plan to before this trip) can you recommend some channels, or is that a local thing?

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Yeah, great call man.

I'm not connected on CB or HAM yet (plan to before this trip) can you recommend some channels, or is that a local thing?
Lets keep it simple and use the following:

CB 33 primary and 37 as backup

VHF 147.420 as primary and 147.520 as backup (these are simplex channels, I dont see the need for repeaters)

I also have a 10cm hacked radio so if guys want to use FRS/GMRS we can do that too, but we should try to come to a consensus on whether we use CB, HAM, or FRS/GMRS as I dont want to have to play operator while I drive. I did that in death valley with 3 different radios and it suck calling out trail hazards three times in a row on three different mics.

Can someone do research on local area repeaters and emergency responders in case of emergency? We need to know who to call out to if someone breaks bad or gets hurt. My radio is unlocked so in case of emergencies I can call out to rangers/police/fire/etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just saw this thread - please count me in for this. I'll be bringing the wife and camper- love the stoneman lake area.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
So how many do we have?

Spatt

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
trucks or people?

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Both.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
theres kinda a running list of people who are in on the first post. but seeing how this trip is still a few months away, im sure that number is gonna change.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just saw this thread - please count me in for this. I'll be bringing the wife and camper- love the stoneman lake area.
Yep, I too enjoy(ed) visiting Stoneman Lake area, especially when there was water there. v:crying: Not so sure about the water as I haven't been there for years since the drought drained it. Would love to see water and fishing for Pike & Perch again. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
trucks or people?
I show 37 so far that are at least interested. I'm planning on around 40 Tundras at the moment just to make sure we have space. :D

Also, I'd like to plan a volunteer activity for maybe Thursday or Friday. I know some folks will just be arriving, but let me know what you think. Trail maintenance or something.
@14burrito
@2010
@2012CMINMI
@2k14TundraSR5
@Azblue
@AZTUNDRA25
@Beer'd_n_yotas
@Bry_Guy
@c-lo_tundra
@crazynelsons
@dirtydeeds
@doubleds65
@Dragos28
@FunkinTundra
@hancholo
@jc68
@jimjames
@KevinK
@kevinshoemaker
@krewmaxxed
@m0sdef107
@M3anBIMMER
@Metallikatz3
@N2Deep
@NKspartan
@osidepunker
@Oxnard John
@rocketsled
@RyanMillen
@Scooby
@shawn_c
@slo929
@Spatt
@Tundra_Dog
@UsmcHOG
@[email protected]
@Zackbremer

·
Registered
252 Posts
I show 37 so far that are at least interested. I'm planning on around 40 Tundras at the moment just to make sure we have space. :D
Wow gonna need lots of food and beer :D

141 - 160 of 1055 Posts