Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

201 - 220 of 1055 Posts

·
15,623 Posts
what the dates weve decided on,,,,good news i have a new tundra...bad news it has a spacer lift and 20in wheels with street tires...need to have it desert ready by when?
I can sell you my wheels & tires.
pro comp 18" metal mulisha wrapped with Toyo MT's 275-70-18
abour 3000 miles on em, one of the tires is new, less than 300 miles on it...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #203

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Hey Kevin. Saw a post on another thread. Just wanted to put it up here. We're planning a day at Cinders right? Can we camp there?
We'll definitely plan a day at the cinders for anyone that wants to haul ass in the lava rocks!

Camping there isn't great because the dust is non-stop and it's not the most trailer-friendly place.

Maybe Friday at the Cinders to avoid the weekend dirt-bike/quad crowd.

http://youtu.be/yQuQgUhZqHY

·
Registered
162 Posts
We'll definitely plan a day at the cinders for anyone that wants to haul ass in the lava rocks!

Camping there isn't great because the dust is non-stop and it's not the most trailer-friendly place.

Maybe Friday at the Cinders to avoid the weekend dirt-bike/quad crowd.

http://youtu.be/yQuQgUhZqHY
besides living about 11 hours from Flagstaff it looks like an amazing spot.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Is there going to be a "parade" through Sedona? If so, what day?
I'm sure we'll all drive through at some time or another, but nothing is 'planned' at this point.

anyone heading out to meet up on friday? i could be in the sedona area first thing friday morning.
I'll be out there Wednesday. I think some others are talking about the same. @osidepunker @Scooby and @Dragos28 if I recall...

also how do people plan to keep beer cold for 4 days? i have a nice cooler but even that is pushing it
There are convenience stores and grocery stores near enough to get more ice. Especially since we'll be out driving trails and stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
also how do people plan to keep beer cold for 4 days? i have a nice cooler but even that is pushing it
This is a concern of mines as well.
I'm gonna be doing so experience with ice options like home made salt water ice bags, maybe dry ice or ice blocks and packing the cooler different ways.

I'm even considering buy a yeti cooler. My little cooler I got now doesn't do to well holding I've past a couple days. So I'll need a new cooler anyways.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
This is a concern of mines as well.
I'm gonna be doing so experience with ice options like home made salt water ice bags, maybe dry ice or ice blocks and packing the cooler different ways.

I'm even considering buy a yeti cooler. My little cooler I got now doesn't do to well holding I've past a couple days. So I'll need a new cooler anyways.
Ive been running with two coleman 7 day coolers for 3 seasons now. I can keep all my food and beer cold for 4-7 days depending on weather. I pack all my food in tupperware (no ziplocs in the ice!) in one cooler. I keep the ice in 10# bags. two bags of ice on the bottom and two on the top. In the drink cooler I do the same only I open another bag and sprinkle the ice around the cans (dont bring bottles!). I make sure everything is chilled for 24 hours prior to packing and I btch at anybody opening the the cooler for silly reasons.

This has been working well for me even in desert heat. This last weekend I kept food and drinks cold for four days and still had more than half of my ice unmelted when we returned.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
pre-chilling the food, and drinks is key. another good idea is to pre-chill the cooler.

separate coolers for food and drinks is a good idea. not opening the food cooler other then when cooking a meal will extend the life of the ice for sure.

I was thinking ice blocks would be a good option or even frozen ice packs, but now that I think about it, they may not be considering the way we drive.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
sorry guys, didn't mean to get off topic on this thread.

201 - 220 of 1055 Posts