Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been a little dissapointed with power in the 5.7 compaired to the Titan I traded in which only had 305 hp, then I was messing around with the vsc button and turned it off by holding it down while in park and what difference I feel like it gained a 100 hp on take off and shifts better by holding gears to a higher rpm its like a total different truck very pleased with power now I feel all 381 now, not as good on gas but lot more fun and for all those that talk bad about the Titan u gotta own one to know how great the truck is ,I love my tundra more but it was the fastest stock fullsize truck out I blowed away anything that tried me but notice I said, was the fastest, just wanted to give my 2 cents, not trying to piss anyone off just stating facts cuz I owned one

·
Registered
159 Posts
Where's the vsc button? Is it like traction control?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the vsc button is on right side of steering wheel under gauges not sure if reg cab has it but it should it is trac control

·
Registered
348 Posts
All Tundras have the same traction control system, the 4WD also have A-TRAC.
As far as the Titan goes, I don't have much good to say about them, I owned 2, Nissan's CEO Ghosen seem to think the same thing, otherwise he would not have said that Nissan was considering dropping the Titan from Nissan's line up.
The American people also seem to agree, Titan sales have gone from a high of 86,945 in 05 to 65,746 in 07 and in Jan. Titan sales dropped another 30% to 3,962 compared to last Jan.
My first Titan lasted 9600 miles in 9 months, 4k of those miles were driving to and from the dealer. After Nissan bought back my 04, they gave me an 05. It lasted 22 months and 22k miles, with over 40 trips to the dealer. I broke, the front diff, rear diff, transfer case, front axle, 3 ABS systems, 4 doors(3 drivers side one passenger, plus a host of other problems.
Those that think that the Tundra's traction control is bad, compare it to the Titan. Most Titans don't have VSC(it is an expensive option), and the ABLS( for those Titans that have it, it is an option on 2WD), is bad joke. It is always on, can't be turned off(which is why I burned up 3 ABS systems),it has one mode=weak. The tow mode on the Titan is a joke compared to the Tundra's, it changes the shit points in the first 3 gears and that is it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
about the Titan

the 04 Titan I owned had a few brake issues but I put 100,000 miles with no prob loved the mpg and awsome hp and torque maybe I got lucky with mine just know my experience was pretty good but it was my first full size truck

·
Registered
4 Posts
05 Titan Lemon

I owned a Titan for 34,000 miles. I traded it before warranty expired. The things i loved were the power, rockford fosgate stereo, much better than my Tundras JBL. Loved the powerful engine and sprayed in bedliner. I was just telling my son the other day it has been nice not having oil leaks all over my garage, not having to take my truck in monthly for a major repair and paying for a rental. I took a bit of a hit on trading my Titan in but cannot say enough about my Tundra Limited, just wish i had that Rockford Fostgate stereo!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts