Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

281 - 284 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got it all together and it works.
I went 1.5" shorter on the rear driveshaft; as the difference in the case length was 1.4"; and it worked perfectly.
I used the sequoia front driveshaft, which measured 33.75 inches end to end.
Instead of using a secondary light - i used the light in the switch.
It does work as I wanted - but it is not bright enough.
Im going to order an extra switch (incase I break it) to take apart and put a brighter LED in it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I noticed it the other day, but after putting more miles on it the truck seems to take more gas pedal to hold speed and accelerate.
Has anyone else noticed this?
I did not weigh anything, but there seemed to be a noticeable increase in weight for the sequioa transfer case vs the oem tundra case when hefting it up into place.
possibly the sequioa case has takes more power to run?

one thing I did notice although im unsure if it has anything to do whith this is that while I was under the truck kwas that the vacuum hose to the rear of the transfer case was blown out. I cut it past the torn section and re-used the same hose. possibly i need to remove the battery terminal to cause the engine ecu to re-learn the fueling and timing maps?
I have not put HP tuners on it to see what is going on, although i do have that option if needed.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I never noticed anything like what you're describing after I did the swap, even with the front drive engaged. The steering was a little heavier, but that was it. Naturally I would think that the Sequoia case would be heavier, but certainly not heavier than having a passenger, and that could hardly be noticeable. The only thing that comes to my mind to check would be to be sure the u-joints are lubed and free moving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I never noticed anything like what you're describing after I did the swap, even with the front drive engaged. The steering was a little heavier, but that was it. Naturally I would think that the Sequoia case would be heavier, but certainly not heavier than having a passenger, and that could hardly be noticeable. The only thing that comes to my mind to check would be to be sure the u-joints are lubed and free moving.
Its actually fine now. not sure of the cause

281 - 284 of 284 Posts