Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

261 - 268 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
2 questions:

Is the 4WD ECU VIN locked or can one be pulled from a junkyard and used?

With all the talk of the Sequoia front driveshaft has anyone looked at the Sequoia rear shaft to see if that fits either tundra configuration?

·
Registered
801 Posts
2 questions:

Is the 4WD ECU VIN locked or can one be pulled from a junkyard and used?

With all the talk of the Sequoia front driveshaft has anyone looked at the Sequoia rear shaft to see if that fits either tundra configuration?
1) Nope. My 4WD ECU was from the same vehicle as the T-case though I still don't believe they are, I'm sure @ViktorG can confirm.

2) The Sequoia rear drive shaft is too short.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Yeah, either a new or used 4WD ECU can be used and it does not need to be paired to the vehicle in any way.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
I've made a little video of the synopsis of the conversion and the 5 modes of the transfer case operation for anyone interested:

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is an awesome MOD. I just completed my AWD conversion on my 11' CM....Love it. I am having trouble getting the CDL switch back light and indicator LED light to illuminate. The switch activates the Center Diff perfect.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I wired the CDL switch.....
#6-Ground
#7-neg
#8-positive
#9-4WD ECU pin #12

Per other post on this thread I taped into a positive (green) from another switch in the dash and a yellow (negative) from the another switch.

The only difference with my truck is it has a bench up front with a column shift lever so the Tow/haul switch is not easy to get to.....not sure if the coloring is consistent with other switches in the dash.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
This is an awesome MOD. I just completed my AWD conversion on my 11' CM....Love it. I am having trouble getting the CDL switch back light and indicator LED light to illuminate. The switch activates the Center Diff perfect.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I wired the CDL switch.....
#6-Ground
#7-neg
#8-positive
#9-4WD ECU pin #12

Per other post on this thread I taped into a positive (green) from another switch in the dash and a yellow (negative) from the another switch.

The only difference with my truck is it has a bench up front with a column shift lever so the Tow/haul switch is not easy to get to.....not sure if the coloring is consistent with other switches in the dash.
The green and yellow wires for illumination apply ONLY to the tow/haul switch.
Other switches all use different color wires.
On the tow/haul the green is ill+ and yellow is ill-, but some other switches have yellow as ill+ etc.
Let me know which switch you are tapping into and I'll tell you the wire colors for the illumination circuit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The green and yellow wires for illumination apply ONLY to the tow/haul switch.
Other switches all use different color wires.
On the tow/haul the green is ill+ and yellow is ill-, but some other switches have yellow as ill+ etc.
Let me know which switch you are tapping into and I'll tell you the wire colors for the illumination circuit.
Thank you ViktorG! I was able to find the appropriate wires.....now it works perfect.

261 - 268 of 268 Posts