Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share. I just installed F-16 LED bulbs by Auxbeam in my 2017. I read lots of great reviews on these bulbs and decided to take a leap of faith, paid about $91 shipped for both pairs so not too much of a loss in case this trial fails. I only have pictures of the low beam and low beam with fog lights. I did have high beam pictures but accidentally deleted them.

Overall thoughts, the low beam is definitely brighter than stock halogens, though not as bright as I had thought it was going to be. It somewhat has a concentrated beam and you can see scattered light in the picture shining on the garage door. It's been almost a week and I haven't been high beamed by other drivers with my adjustment dial at 1 or 1 1/2. High beams are definitely good. It has a long range and lights up the street really well. Fog lights are great, you can see in the picture how bright they are and how much it fills the gap.

Retrofit is the best way to go for the best light output. If I did not want to retrofit, I would probably go with HIDs in my headlights for a more filled lighted path. I currently have HIDs in a 2016 and like how much more depth the HIDs have and it lights the streets better imo. For some reason, I do not have very much scattered light with the HID setup like I do with these LEDs. Just food for thought for anyone doing research.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I can hear the fan running on these if I'm standing right next to it. Otherwise the engine would have to be off. I also do not hear them from inside the cab. I bet these perform a whole lot better in your 2011.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I retook some pictures to show just the fog lights and also the high beams. Pictures in the following order:

In the street-
DRL
Low beam
High beam
Fog light
Low beam + fog light
High beam + fog light

On the garage-
DRL
Low beam
High beam
Fog light
Low beam + fog light
High beam + fog light

Front of truck-
DRL
Fog light
Low beam + fog light
High beam + fog light

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At least you'll have less moving parts to worry about with the fanless ones. Did you get the B2's or the NF-03's?

Im definitely satisfied with the F-16 H11 fog lights. They're bright and has a clean line. I'm not sure how I feel about the F-16 H4 in my headlights. I guess I was expecting more, though it is a nice upgrade from stock halogen. I may try the Opt7 next, I hear they are even brighter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're absolutely right and I totally agree with you there is alot of light scatter. I researched and found somewhere these were recommended highly. I shared this so anyone who are looking into these F-16s can see exactly what they will be getting. The H11 looks great in the foglights. The headlights are not so great, although they are brighter than stock halogen. Projectors are really the only way to go for a nice clean beam of light.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
At least you'll have less moving parts to worry about with the fanless ones. Did you get the B2's or the NF-03's?

Im definitely satisfied with the F-16 H11 fog lights. They're bright and has a clean line. I'm not sure how I feel about the F-16 H4 in my headlights. I guess I was expecting more, though it is a nice upgrade from stock halogen. I may try the Opt7 next, I hear they are even brighter.
VLeds has their newest version on pre-order. I currently have the SMZ series in my '13.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
171 Posts

I purchased the S1 series. They stopped making them a few months after I installed them though. Must have upgraded the chipset because they have several new models on their site since I last looked.

H4 bulbs are not great...don't know why Toyota uses them. Cheaper for them maybe?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I read some of your old posts and seems like you weren't 100% satisfied with the SMZ either? The new VLeds do look interesting, especially with the bulb shield. $200 though, ouch.
Yeah I have experimented with them a little bit but I also swapped out the fogs and replaced them with the Rigid SAE's. Between the headlights, fogs, 2 light bars, and another set of Rigid Duallys behind the grill, I think I have the light covered LOL.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.