Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a 2016 platinum crew max. Im tired of having to manually roll up the rear windows when the front ones have the auto function. My question is has anybody tried and or is it even possible to upgrade the rear windows to roll up with the auto feature. Are they different window motors or is it simply something to do with the switch. My thought was simply purchasing two more auto switchs and installing them. This would all be in the drivers door.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
SR5s only have the 1 driver window that is auto down.
I know there are threads on members wanting to make them all auto up/down.
I think I read it would take a different window motor and as dragos28 stated some kind of module.

Now if you really wanted that feature at all costs, you could get an aftermarket alarm or remote start/alarm, and have the modules installed that would raise all 4 windows when you lock the truck.
Might even be able to include the rear cab window since you have a crewmax.

On my 1994 Chevy truck I had an alarm that I could raise or lower the windows with the remote.
Also the windows automatically went up when the alarm was armed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am not sure why especially the higher end Tundras are not Auto up and down for the rear window.

My wife has a 16 Limited Sequoia and it has the auto rear window up and down feature.

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
I am not sure why the sunroof has a beep when you open the door and leave it up, but the freaking rear window is left out. Sucks when you leave that cracked an inch and you find standing water in the rear cabin area the next morning....

:banghead:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I totally agree. I think if you spend 50k+ on a truck it should have all the bells and whistles. My mother-n-law has fully a loaded rav-4 that has the keyless ignition and a bunch of other options my platinum doesn't and it was half the cost!

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
I don't really care about keyless ignition, just after realizing I had a beep for the sunroof on the 2017 Plat, but not the rear window, it just made me remember flooding my 2010. And how that could have been avoided. And that I have a beep for the sunroof, but not the rear window now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.