Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting one ever since I bought the truck, and finally I will be getting one when I go back to the DFW in August. Ive called a few places and need some recommendations as to where to get it done.

Toyota of Rockwall
Main Unit:3300
Fit Kit:2800
Labor:1675

Vandergriff Toyota in Arlington
Main Unit: 2950
Fit Kit:2500
Labor:1106.88

Texas Toyota Grapevine
Main Unit: 3140 (but they will price match the 2950)
Fit Kit: 2500
Labor:625 (talked to a guy named tom, really hope this price is right)

So all of them claim to know how to do it, and I know that the cheapest way isn't always the best way. So any input from some North Texas Tundra owners would be great!

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
715 Posts
Grapevine is quoting me right now for 4900 installed on sc, and 1500 on trd duals. (The higher quote for the exhaust kinda offsets the cheaper sc) But im looking to buy a whole new truck as well... they are about 2000 cheaper than everyone else ive been talking to though at 38000 otd when Vandergriff is 40000...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah no joke! khoanguyen1983 who are you dealing with over there?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bad Dad's Tundra i might have to order from them, since its a toyota dealership it doesn't affect any of the warranty stuff right?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Bad Dad's Tundra i might have to order from them, since its a toyota dealership it doesn't affect any of the warranty stuff right?
Guys name I talked to on the Internet and phone is Steven. Internet Sales guy, when I got there last night lady named Shirley (I think, I was hungry, tired, and cranky) did the paperwork. Ended up getting out at 39000 otd, 14000 for my trade in (dc sr5, 82500 miles, one owner, wrecked once just front bumper damage) 7 year 100000 miles warranty. Gotta get it this weekend and transfer all my parts over though. ..

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill have to keep an eye out on ebay

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just called texas toyota, they said they would call back. keeping my fingers crossed i can get a sc for 4900 too lol

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no dice :/ they said they couldnt do it and now telling me labor will be like 1600

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been thinking of doing this too. I just got a verbal quote from Toyota of Richardson for $6k. Asked them to put it in writing for me when I pickup my truck this afternoon.

I have a question for yall? I have an 07' CM with 66k miles on her. Should I have any concerns?

I have been looking at adding a sports car (camaro ss) to the line up but I guess I am too practical to have one vehicle sit while having the extra costs of two.

Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
What is this 30 dollar coolant you speak of? Sorry, I haven't quite done my research on these sc's...
With the SC you will have a new additional heat exchanger that requires additional coolant (antifreeze) and will also need to refill the radiator.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been thinking of doing this too. I just got a verbal quote from Toyota of Richardson for $6k. Asked them to put it in writing for me when I pickup my truck this afternoon.

I have a question for yall? I have an 07' CM with 66k miles on her. Should I have any concerns?

I have been looking at adding a sports car (camaro ss) to the line up but I guess I am too practical to have one vehicle sit while having the extra costs of two.

Thanks for your input.
Man I struck out and got a bad service adviser then! The guy told me it would be like 7 grand and that if i got the sc from another dealership it would "cause problems with the warranty" :mad:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man I struck out and got a bad service adviser then! The guy told me it would be like 7 grand and that if i got the sc from another dealership it would "cause problems with the warranty" :mad:
I got a written quote for $6265 out the door. Looks like the same price you got from Grapevine. I also go a $1500 quote for front brakes and a water pump! Already started this project myself so it doesn't eat into my supercharger budget!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Guys name I talked to on the Internet and phone is Steven. Internet Sales guy, when I got there last night lady named Shirley (I think, I was hungry, tired, and cranky) did the paperwork. Ended up getting out at 39000 otd, 14000 for my trade in (dc sr5, 82500 miles, one owner, wrecked once just front bumper damage) 7 year 100000 miles warranty. Gotta get it this weekend and transfer all my parts over though. ..

post the pics

1 - 20 of 68 Posts