Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried installing an LC7i and JL XD700/5 amp this weekend in my 2013 DC with non-JBL HU and couldn't get it to work. From what I ran into, I think the LC7i is bad but wanted other opinions before I ship it back. Here is what I have:
LC7i powered off of lead from amp which comes from battery
LC7i grounded from amp ground which is hooked to frame
LC7i inputs come from input to crossovers installed at kick panels for front speakers and tapped into the rears from "B" pillar wires.
Ran remote on from LC7i to turn amp on
LC7i outputs to amp input via RCA's
Output of amp back to crossovers and "B" pillar speaker wires.

After hooking everything up, I got no output but when I took the LC7i out and plugged my IPOD into the amp input, all speakers played. The LC7i powered up OK, powered the amp OK, but I would have to max out the outputs to get the maximizer light to come on. I tried all different levels of output and nothing seemed to work. It would never give me enough output to reach my proper gain voltage at the output of my amp. I then went out and bought an $18 LOC from Walmart and hooked it up and everything played.

My question would be, does anyone see anything with this setup that would cause this problem or know of a way to troubleshoot the LC7i? Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
Unlike the LC6i, the LC7i and the LCQ-1 are digital processors. My LCQ-1 acted the same way so I called Audiocontrol for some help. Turns out there are three jumpers inside next to each of the inputs that affect input voltage. I had to remove the jumpers completely and then switch the rear left and right positive and negative speaker wires with each other (left + and - to right terminals and vice versa) and then swapped sides on the rear RCA cables to correct the balance. Call Audiocontrol and ask them to help you out. They are great with their support and customer service.

Reactions: rvigil

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I opened the LC7i up and don't see any jumpers at the inputs. I will give them a call today before I send it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts