Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new wheels and tires today from Discount Tire Direct. Love the new look to my truck!

Before:

After:

Goodyear Duratrac 295/65/18's wrapped around MB Wheels Chaos 18X9's

Now I need to sell my TRD Wheels with General AT2's.

Thinking about fender flares now. Yes or No?

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, do I need to take my truck to the dealership to get the tpms sensors calibrated or something? My warning light came on this morning. If so, what's that gonna cost me?

· Premium Member
893 Posts
wait, did you buy their TPMS kit when you bought the package or did you reuse your TPMS's out of your stock wheels?

truck looks good btw!

· Premium Member
3,971 Posts
What a difference wheels and tires can make. Looks awesome. I'm not a fan of fender flares but if u like em go for it!!

· Premium Member
554 Posts
If the TMPS Sensors fit into the new wheels then it's just a matter of switching them over and resetting. If they do not, and you do not have new sensors then it gets really expensive really fast. Toyota is proud of those damn sensors. If it did come with its own sensors though, you just have to have them programmed which shouldn't be too much.

As far as the flairs go, I'd go with a black set of Bushwackers on that setup, IMO that would tie it in real nice.

Reactions: TundraTigger

· Premium Member
893 Posts
Do you have to buy theirs or can you use the 'stock' ones?
lol...my stock sensors that came out of the "styled steel wheels" have fit into my KMC XD Hoss's and BBS's wheels with no issues...what I've seen the import kids do, if the sensor doesn't fit into their new aftermarket wheels, instead of the sensor laying flat against the wheel, they just flip them around so that the sensor is pointing the opposite way.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Looks great. Looks like a different truck now. What's the offset of your wheel? If the offset is too high, flares will make tires look tucked in.

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys! I have a 2.5" Ready Lift Level Kit on the truck. The only other thing I had to do was remove that little piece of rectangular plastic inside the wheel wells in front of the tires. I have not idea what that thing was for anyway. Took about 1 minute to remove them. Discount Tire Direct installed new TPMS Sensors with the wheel/tire package, so they are new. If I just have to get them programmed at the dealer, I'll wait until my next oil change to get that done.

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great. Looks like a different truck now. What's the offset of your wheel? If the offset is too high, flares will make tires look tucked in.

The offset is +25

· Registered
578 Posts
very nice- making me glad that the 20's I was thinking of are back ordered with not ETA... went with the 18's- and love the tire size. HUGE difference.

· Registered
143 Posts
My TPMS sensors were switched right over from my stock wheels to the Level 8 wheels that I got. I used the same tires and they worked perfectly after the new wheels were installed. Didn't have to re-program or anything.

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My TPMS sensors were switched right over from my stock wheels to the Level 8 wheels that I got. I used the same tires and they worked perfectly after the new wheels were installed. Didn't have to re-program or anything.
I got a package deal on the wheels and tires from Discount Tire Direct, so I didn't have the option of using my old sensors. I mistakenly thought the computer would just recognize the signal or something and adjust. Guess I was wrong! Ha! Not a huge deal, I'll just ignore the idiot light until it goes back for service.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
The offset is +25
So your wheels is 7 mm more tucked in than mine, but your tires are 20 mm wider than my stock tires half of which should push out your set-up, which nets you 3 mm. In other words, your set-up will look very similar to mine with fender flares. If you want the wheels/tires to be pushed out more, you could always add wheel spacers.

Attachments

Reactions: fpdsniper

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks wballen!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.