Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Just got off the phone with Nick from ArmorLid, here is the deal with the eBay lids.

eBay Motors: ARMOR LID TONNEAU COVER 2007-2008 Tundra Crew Max Cab (item 310002939079 end time Dec-05-07 15:10:23 PST)

ArmorLid is currently on generation 4 of their design with the lid, Based of the eBay listing above with shipping to a commercial address it's $500.00. Nick told me that the low price is all the Generation 1 and 2 lids; they had issues with these lids. The plastics being used were contaminated and would warp in the heat, so 2000 lids were made unusable by ArmorLid and bought up by a few liquidators with no warranty, which is what you see on eBay.

That being said I can get the Newest ArmorLids for $525.00 Shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 States (sorry Hawaii and Alaska), as long as it’s a commercial business address, residential would be an additional $50.00. This will include full warranty and backing by us of course and Armorlid themselves. Long bed is a bit more, contact me if you have a long bed and are interested.

There website has plenty of information regarding the product, it looks great, lightweight, even has a light in it, lol. If you have any questions please contact me I just spent a half hour on the phone with these guys, they seem great and gave me a lot of information.

Armor Lid - Hard ABS Tonneau Cover

Features:
• Lightweight
• Durability & Impact Resistance
• No Drill Installation
• Easy On / Easy Off
• Custom Fit For Each Truck
• Hydraulic Struts For Easy Opening
• Dual Lock With Wrap Over Tailgate Design Providing Security For Your Cargo
• Weather-Tite
• Paintable
• Made with Automotive Grade High Temperature ABS Plastic
• Lays Down Flat Across On Top Of Bedrails
• Providing 100% Clearance For Truck Box
• Smooth Underside Design With No Visable Support Beams
• 150 Candlewatt Power LED Light
• Easily Replaceable AA Batteries For LED Light
• Scratch Resistant Rugged Texture
• Patented 3 Layer Design For Thicker & Stronger Edges

$525.00

Let me know

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i guess no one has heard of this, has of this product,lol

Anyone like what they see at least?

·
Registered
696 Posts
so i guess no one has heard of this, has of this product,lol

Anyone like what they see at least?
I've never heard about it. I'll have to check out what it looks like when I get home tomorrow.

·
Registered
696 Posts
here is the link to there Website: Armor Lid - Hard ABS Tonneau Cover
http://www.truckstuffusa.com/superlightweighthardtonneaubyundercover.html
Yeah, it looks good. Feature-wise it's a lot like the undercover here:
http://www.truckstuffusa.com/superlightweighthardtonneaubyundercover.html

But this one is cheaper by $80.00, and I really like that it's smooth underneath rather than the undercover's suspension bridge design.

Seems like a good alternative to a fiberglass topper that weights and costs a ton. All I'm looking for is something to keep the snow, leaves, etc. out of my bed while keeping anything in it dry and secure. This seems to fit the bill.

Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna contact them today, maybe I can get some nicer dealer pricing. It's black ABS so ya it would fit the Slate real nice

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quality is great, and weight is about the same as the Undercover. Price is nicer and as Run-it said the smooth underside is nice, it gives you about 3 more inchs of clearance. Has double locks and a killer light on the lid.

Warrenty is 3-years.

Compared to the Price on autoanything.com for the Undercover: $599.00 Plus $79.00 Shipping, thats a savings of $153.00

I think this is definately worth the value. Let me know if you want to order, Tundra Lids are in stock for both Double Cab and Crewmax

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'm interested. is there a time limit on this?? i also have a long bed, will that differ the price?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm gonna contact them today, maybe I can get some nicer dealer pricing. It's black ABS so ya it would fit the Slate real nice
One question I do have... Do they have a mounting kit for the Tundra that utilizes the factory deck rail sydtem?

That's one thing I really did like about the undercover. It has a kit to mount the brackets to the factory deck rails instead of having to cut up and modify the bed liner to install the brackets, which I'd rather not do.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Armorlid's are not as strong as Undercovers. Undercover has a patent on their underside's design and it significantly improves the stability (and allows for several people to stand on the cover).

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From what I am reading they can hold quite a bit of weight up there, also another member just posted that their Undercover was not to stable, either way, I will be picking up for my truck after christmas, and do a hole write-up on it

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok got an update on the Armorlid Questions.

First off, Run-it, yes it will fit into the stock deck rail system. AS explained to me by their tech, the hardware kit comes with either option, hardware for deck rail or no deckrail. If you have the deck rail system, their kick includes a clamping system that inserts into the deck rails. Maintaining it as a non-drill installation.

And also ARmorlid does have an skeleton support structure. It is a 3-piece unit where the support structure is sandwiched in between the top and smooth surface you see. You can jump on it, and it will support over 1000 lbs.

·
Registered
437 Posts
You know what? I made a mistake. I was thinking of a Duracover by Durakon. Sorry about that Armorlid!

Duracover is another Undercover wannabe.

·
Registered
696 Posts
From what I am reading they can hold quite a bit of weight up there, also another member just posted that their Undercover was not to stable, either way, I will be picking up for my truck after christmas, and do a hole write-up on it
Sounds good... I was worried about having to cut into the bed liner in order to install the mounting plates and clamps.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just updated, non-commercial shipping is not $75 extra, but $50.00 I know its lame that they charge more to go to a residential area.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts