Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took it to autozone cause I was next door and they just gave some generic crap about transmission. Supposed to take it in tomorrow morning to get my new seats put in then ill drive it up to the dealer. I hoping its maybe bad gas or something silly like a gas cap isn't sealing properly. It is in limp mode for sure though, takes forever to shift and is slow to accelerate. No 4 lo light blinking though.

· Registered
4,935 Posts
5.7 is the only way to go :D

Sorry to hear this happened to your truck so soon. Only times my check engine lights were on is when I was throwing codes for my alternator, which was 100% my fault lol. If makes you feel any better my dads Mini Cooper only a thousand miles on it had a solenoid go bad and throw oil everywhere, and that was on a luxury brand. My point is that it happens sometimes usually it turns out to be a quick fix and your truck is under warranty so you will be fine and maybe they'll even hook you up with a loaner truck. Best of luck with it.

· Registered
839 Posts
That sucks. But it could be, and probably is, a minor repair. The truck has what, 10,000 parts in it? What are the odds of one part being off? I'd wait until the third issue or so before thinking its a lemon.

I'd do absolutely nothing, and let the dealer figure it out. It's absolutely new after all. If the dealer bends over backwards to resolve it, keep going there. If not, find a new dealer who wants your business.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think it's a lemon at all, just really sucks. Story of my life the past couple years anyways. Autozones code reader was P0894. That ring a bell at all? After interior install I will drive it to the dealer and let them deal with it. I'm good friends with the service manager so hopefully he'll fix me up.

· Premium Member
493 Posts
a few words of advice

1. stay away from autozone diagnosing your brand new Tundra
2. remove negative battery cable and let it sit for 30 min or so. if the CEL comes back on then take it in to the dealer. its their problem not yours. you are the customer.
3. buy a scangauge II. there is one for sell in the buy/sell forum. Mine is priceless.
4. you have the best truck on the market. chill.

· Registered
801 Posts
Don't disconnect the battery. Let the dealer see the codes and fix whatever is the problem while it's still practically brand new and under warranty. Maybe the dealer will throw in something to make you feel better. Free car wash? LOL

Good luck.

· Premium Member
493 Posts
Codes will still be stored for 50 miles......maybe more? I forget. nyway the code thrown will be logged in memory for a bit.

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dealers "detail crew" are never allowed to touch my truck. I demanded that when the truck was pulled off the hauler that NO ONE touches it but one person. Just park it and call me. Plastic and stickers were still on it. That's one of the reasons I traded in my 4.6.. The kids that detail made a mess of the paint and it had been buffed on 3 times.. I've since then Joined Autogeek.net and now detail friends and family's cars. Spent quite a bit of cash on professional products to correct paint and others to add a little extra protection to the factory paint. Toyos paint is some of the softest out there.

· Premium Member
493 Posts
All paint is now soft thanks to the EPA.
Suxass.

· Registered
239 Posts
After interior install I will drive it to the dealer and let them deal with it. I'm good friends with the service manager so hopefully he'll fix me up.
They are going to blame any problem on the seat swap!!!!

Reactions: Ogtoyfan
1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.